Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Esther Weis Millinery

Woodtroll

One Too Many
You will be extremely happy with the felt and the ribbon work. I have seen your hat in the finished state, and it is a beauty. Nice color choices on your part!

Esther’s work is top shelf. I’m sure you’ll be happy.

Thanks very much for the reassurance, gentlemen, but I have no doubt I'll be very pleased. I have definitely never bought a NICE hat before, but I had seen several of her hats that were of the type I was looking for, and she immediately understood the challenge of brim and crown proportions to fit someone of my head size and body type. She was very patient with me and offered suggestions based on what I had asked for, but when it came to the fine points I trusted her judgement as an artist (and someone with better taste than myself!). She really has been great to work with.

The waiting is the hard part.... !

Thanks very much for the reassurance, gentlemen, but I have no doubt I'll be very pleased. I have definitely never bought a NICE hat before, but I had seen several of her hats that were of the type I was looking for, and she immediately understood the challenge of brim and crown proportions to fit someone of my head size and body type. She was very patient with me and offered suggestions based on what I had asked for, but when it came to the fine points I trusted her judgement as an artist (and someone with better taste than myself!). She really has been great to work with.

The waiting is the hard part.... !
I believe it shipped today!

The wait shortens. Customs depending. Sometimes I have gotten hats 5 days later, but mostly its about 8 to 10.

Bill Hughes

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I wore this Esther Weis today and yesterday. I get more compliments when I wear this hat than any other I've worn. This includes many very fine vintage fedoras as well as other custom fedoras by other makers. What can I say - Esther is awesome! Her attention to detail and artistic eye is displayed in her creations. This fedora is a nod to my USMC brothers and sisters. It is inspired from the USMC dress blue uniform.
IMG_2107.jpg
IMG_2109.jpg
IMG_2111.jpg
IMG_2112.jpg

There is a little bit of change from now to how I looked in November 1981.

IMG_9314.JPG
IMG_1968.JPG

Last edited:
I wore this Esther Weis today and yesterday. I get more compliments when I wear this hat than any other I've worn. This includes many very fine vintage fedoras as well as other custom fedoras by other makers. What can I say - Esther is awesome! Her attention to detail and artistic eye is displayed in her creations. This fedora is a nod to my USMC brothers and sisters. It is inspired from the USMC dress blue uniform.
View attachment 144087 View attachment 144088 View attachment 144089 View attachment 144090

View attachment 144093 View attachment 144092

Speechless.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Tukwila

View attachment 144087 View attachment 144088 View attachment 144089 View attachment 144090

I remember when you got this, Bill. Fantastic, lid. Can you comment on the felt and any comparison you can make with Winchester beaver? I'm assuming this navy felt is Tonak from Esther?

EstherWeis

Vendor

Great to hear you get such a positive response. Thank you for posting!
It looks great on you and for something that holds so much meaning made me proud to make it.

To you and all the veterans around the world, Thank you for your service.

It is indeed a navy blue tonak felt

GHT

I'll Lock Up
Here is my first Hat from Esther.
It's a 6" crown (open) with diamond crease. 2 3/8" bound brim. Natural beaver. Felt is awesome. The ribbon and bow was copied from another Hat posted at Esthers Instagram.

View attachment 165537 View attachment 165538 View attachment 165539 View attachment 165540 View attachment 165541
The lady is a truly, talented artiste. Did you receive your complimentary pack of Belgian chocolates too? There's many a large company that could learn a lot from Esther Weis' customer care & service.

Raybuntu

Familiar Face
The lady is a truly, talented artiste. Did you receive your complimentary pack of Belgian chocolates too? There's many a large company that could learn a lot from Esther Weis' customer care & service.
No chocolates for me but the way Esther treated me as a customer I have never seen before. You can tell immediately how much she cares about the customer and the hat she makes.

Bill Hughes

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ