Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Everyday casual leather shoes

Milsurp

New in Town
So I dropped a bill on these Rockports from zappos.com:

10101-488007-3.jpg

I got them yesterday and they're some really nice shoes. They seem to be very good quality despite being china-made. They feel great, the look is pretty much what I was going for (30s-40s), but they're about a size too big so back they go.

Does anyone have any other recommendations for me? These will be my everyday shoes so quality is a must. I'd like to keep it around $100. A little big higher in the ankle would be nice. I've always wanted to try a leather sole.

Good quality, leather sole, high ankle, all for $100. That's not asking too much. :D

I know, I know, but I thought I'd check before I reordered these Rockports.

Thanks all! ;)

DerMann

Practically Family
A while back my mom bought me a pair of nubuck Rockports. They were fairly comfortable, but the soles squeeked to no end - on carpet, tile, concrete, you name it. Not only that, but as the soles wore, they turned a very strange shade of yellow.

If you're interested in a pair of ankle boots, look around for Stacy Adams Madisons. They come in a slew of colours, all with leather soles and conservatively styled. They should be around $100. They come in both oxfords and ankle boots. Both are of great quality for the price.

skbellis

One of the Regulars
Blunnies ( Blundstone )

My personal preference is the classic Blundstone.

http://www.blundstone.com/display.cgi?file=/uploaded/38/130338_73500.gif

I have to admit that I own a few pairs of these in slightly different styles and wear them almost every day. They are also great for travelling, because with a quick polish they are passable as dress shoes. The only downside is that the company has recently switched their manufacturing to Asia ( Thailand I believe).

Cheers,

---Scott

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou