Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Examples of hats in popular culture

Dav3

New in Town
I was just wondering about his recently. It's obvious that fedoras aren't exactly common nowadays, but for that specific reason, and especially for those of us that DO wear them, it's interesting to see what sorts of celeberties wear them and consequently what sort of connotations they bring to wearing a hat.

I was just watching Conan last night and it just sort of dawned on me that LaBamba always wears some nice hats:

Picture0836.jpg

conan07.jpg

hubcaps01.jpg

20051203_1541.jpg

What kinds of other people wear fedoras?

silhouette53

One of the Regulars
Nice cap - Shame about the jacket !

Saw this on back page of the 'Daily Express' - Beckham wearing a nice cap which makes a refreshing change from some of his wierder head wear ( and that includes his selection of hairstyles ) Now why didn't he couple this with a nice half belt Aero ???? LOL

beccap.jpg

Italian-wiseguy

One of the Regulars
This Pope, besides being a traditionalist, is a fashionista.

Just after his election he decided to change the "papal" taylor, moving from the "sartoria ecclesiastica" (ecclesiastical taylors) Gammarelli, that dress popes since 1792, to another firm I don't remember.
He was disappointed with Gammarelli because in his first public apparitions wearing their stuff he looked somehow clumsy.

He also brought back to use old dresses and hats (like the "Santa Clausly" camauro he wears in upper left picture or the red cappello romano he wears in bottom picture) abandoned by his prededing, more sporty Popes.

Interstingly, in Italy everyone said that the adoption of the Renaissance camauro is a sign of this pope's traditionalism, while actually the popular, progressive John XXIII was the greatest supporter of this hat.

I was living some 500 yards from Vatican when the old pope died and when this was elected.
What a mess!

Not being catholic, I can't tell anythig on how he's leading Catholic church, but, honestly, I can't say to be one of his supporters.

Ciao! :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shiny hats