Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Excessive posting? ... Interesting.....

rue

Okay... I'll give you the recipe, since we're all friends here ;)

Melt a 6 oz package of butterscotch chips and a half cup of peanut butter together in a large pot. Take off the heat and stir in 4-5 cups of rice crispies. Spread that in a baking dish. Then melt 1/2 cup of chocolate chips and add and stir in about a tablespoon of cream or milk to make it pourable and pour over the crispies. Then you put it in the fridge for about an hour :)

Deco-Doll-1928

Practically Family
Okay. It's that time again. Gotta drag myself to bed. Dreaming of Rue's cookies jumping over a fence one by one. BTW, thanks for the recipe Rue. :)

BTW, has anybody ever looked back on a previous post you've made and regretted what you wrote? I had a moment of serious guilt not too long ago. :(

Travis Lee Johnston

Practically Family
There's been times when I wished I had saved my energy when arguing/debating somebody on a subject on the lounge, as it's largely useless with a lot of people who usually have their minds made up to begin with.
And sometimes when a person beats a discussion to death or gets personal, it just looks silly overall looking back. There's so much better things to do when you're off the clock. Like hang out in the excessive posting thread...

Okay. It's that time again. Gotta drag myself to bed. Dreaming of Rue's cookies jumping over a fence one by one. BTW, thanks for the recipe Rue. :)

BTW, has anybody ever looked back on a previous post you've made and regretted what you wrote? I had a moment of serious guilt not too long ago. :(

Deco
You can delete it by clicking on 'edit' at the bottom of your post...then clicking on delete. However..there may be a time limit on just how long you have to use that feature after you made the original post.
HD

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
There's been times when I wished I had saved my energy when arguing/debating somebody on a subject on the lounge, as it's largely useless with a lot of people who usually have their minds made up to begin with.
And sometimes when a person beats a discussion to death or gets personal, it just looks silly overall looking back. There's so much better things to do when you're off the clock. Like hang out in the excessive posting thread...

Well I myself have never had a worry about what was once posted or said, I guess it is just how things can go. Not anyone is going to always put a smile on your face, or that you are going to do the same, so why worry? I don't see anyone really out to toss a bomb under our homes, for being here!

rue

You're welcome :)

Are you kidding?? ALL THE TIME! I've agonized over them, erased them, rewritten them, etc..... Tom and I have talked about this.
I think even worse is when you send a PM and you can't take it back or make it sound different. It's just out there and you have to deal with it :eeek:

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
You're welcome :)

Are you kidding?? ALL THE TIME! I've agonized over them, erased them, rewritten them, etc..... Tom and I have talked about this.
I think even worse is when you send a PM and you can't take it back or make it sound different. It's just out there and you have to deal with it :eeek:

What you worry about, killing someone with kindness? Not Rue!?!

C-dot

Call Me a Cab
Okay... I'll give you the recipe, since we're all friends here ;)

Melt a 6 oz package of butterscotch chips and a half cup of peanut butter together in a large pot. Take off the heat and stir in 4-5 cups of rice crispies. Spread that in a baking dish. Then melt 1/2 cup of chocolate chips and add and stir in about a tablespoon of cream or milk to make it pourable and pour over the crispies. Then you put it in the fridge for about an hour :)

I think I'll make those this weekend! They sound yummy! :) Thanks for sharing the secret.

I have a few times, and only once was it long past the editing/deleting phase. It's surprisngly easy to speak out of turn on the interweb!

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
I think I'll make those this weekend! They sound yummy! :) Thanks for sharing the secret.

I have a few times, and only once was it long past the editing/deleting phase. It's surprisngly easy to speak out of turn on the interweb!

That is very well true, but if the bigger picture, I think for the most part everyone has some feel about what the other person is like and how they think to some degree. That in itself should always be taken into consideration and should halt any "cat fights" over what has been posted between people.

Take for instance, I normally exhibit a great deal of silly humor, it may not be well liked by some, but it is how I am. I have a great deal of happiness in each day of life, and thankfulness along the road that I am medically well, happy in my marriage, doing well business wise, and do not have as many worries as I could in these times of hard economy woes.

I could go back and change things posted to be dull, lifeless, but no point in it. I am just me....(and I love being me)! lol!

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
Top authors during last week:
Name
rue
Marc Chevalier
alanfgag
A.C. Lyles
randooch
HatsEnough
ButteMT61
Connery
TidiousTed

Well, so much for my attempt for an update to the "Holly Wood" ten lists!

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeee....hahahahal;olololol!

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
Thank you Michigan :)

It's not really a secret....I was teasing ;) It used to be on the box of Rice Crispies when I was a kid. I think my mom changed it a little though :)

Who was it said, "no crying over spilled milk"? Maybe it is a more personal issue with some, but I never hold anything against someone for what they post here on the Lounge, (unless is was posted by Elroy El Shuiadomate Ze Terrorist)!

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
Thank you Michigan :)

It's not really a secret....I was teasing ;) It used to be on the box of Rice Crispies when I was a kid. I think my mom changed it a little though :)

(Mom changed it a little...{one dozen boxes of candle wax, half bottle cooking sherry, er...make it an entire bottle, three cups powdered sugar, oh drats make it five pounds})! lol Just teasing ya...I am still keeping an "eye" out for some to come here via "Air Mail".......(flying over head as I speak, but so far only dropping bombs.....sigh)!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
usleathermart