Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Excessive posting? ... Interesting.....

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
I am on a mission, with a goal...number one top poster on this site....(mission impossible theme song playing now)......hahahahahlolol! Maybe when I hit 50,000 I will have that number mastered!

I constantly think over things I've said on here and what a jackass I probably sounded like. Some days I'm at work pulling my hair out over it. Best thing to do is take solace in the fact that FL-ers are good people and understand that everybody makes mistakes.
Are you kidding?? ALL THE TIME! I've agonized over them, erased them, rewritten them, etc..... Tom and I have talked about this.
I think even worse is when you send a PM and you can't take it back or make it sound different. It's just out there and you have to deal with it :eeek:

Justin B

One Too Many
I constantly think over things I've said on here and what a jackass I probably sounded like. Some days I'm at work pulling my hair out over it. Best thing to do is take solace in the fact that FL-ers are good people and understand that everybody makes mistakes.

Except me. I never make mistkeas...mistakse...errors.

rue

Oh the agony! Do you do this with PMs too? Just last night I sent one and I could kick myself, because it sounded different than I meant it, but there was nothing I could do to remedy it with out sounding ridiculous :eeek:

Is it wrong to feel better that I'm not alone? lol

Except me. I never make mistkeas...mistakse...errors.

:p

Are you asking for a recount? lol
:rofl:

All the time. I take forever to reply to them because I want to make sure I have things worded just so and even then, I'm not happy with the results.
Oh the agony! Do you do this with PMs too? Just last night I sent one and I could kick myself, because it sounded different than I meant it, but there was nothing I could do to remedy it with out sounding ridiculous :eeek:

Deco-Doll-1928

Practically Family
In a moment of "rage" or more like annoyance I posted something that I felt later came out a bit wrong. I just wish I posted it a bit better. I had time to edit though. I will make an extra effort to be a little more perfect than human. :D lol j/k Thanks for the suggestions and thoughts. I feel better about it now.

Sometimes I wish that life was more like an animated cartoon. You can carry around an eraser for the things you don't like and a pencil to draw things the things that you do (like flying through traffic. Sorry I live in LA, I hate traffic!---lol!!). My friend and I were saying that at Disneyland last week. We both wish that we could fly across the parks. :) :D

I have another question for all of you, I have been noticing quite a bit lately during the past few vintage events that I have gone to where I encounter "rude" or "snobbish" people. At first I hadn't noticed them before, but lately, I seem to be noticing it a lot more and more. Has anybody encountered this? I was discussing a little bit of this on another thread. I was wondering if this was unique to my area or does everybody encounter this from time to time? There always seems to be this element of "how vintage are you" kind of thing, which I think is a bit unfair considering that not everyone has the money to buy vintage. :(

rue

It might just be LA. I was raised there as you know and most people are snots whether they wear vintage or not.

As for me... I'm pretty much a lone freak where I live, so there's not that much competition lol I just wear what I wear and smile at the stares ;)

Deco-Doll-1928

Practically Family
There's seriously something wrong with us little brother shakeshead lol

I don't think you two are the only ones. It usually takes me (depending on the person) more than a couple of hours to write one e-mail. I'm always constantly re-reading one to make sure that its not only grammatically correct, but the tone sounds right. If I don't hear from someone for a while, I always re-read what I wrote and go, "Oh gosh, I hope I didn't say something that offended them!" lol

TidiousTed

Practically Family
Top authors during last week:
Name
rue
Marc Chevalier
alanfgag
A.C. Lyles
randooch
HatsEnough
ButteMT61
Connery
TidiousTed

Well, so much for my attempt for an update to the "Holly Wood" ten lists!

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeee....hahahahal;olololol!

Will you look at that! I'm on the top ten. At the bottom but stil on the list :D

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
It might just be LA. I was raised there as you know and most people are snots whether they wear vintage or not.

As for me... I'm pretty much a lone freak where I live, so there's not that much competition lol I just wear what I wear and smile at the stares ;)

Oh lord, I would sure hope NO one would ever be a snot around me or anyone else, at any event. There are some very creative ways to deal with someone being a snot or a snob.....trust me....whipped cream and canned meat never looked so good as being worn by a snob!

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
I should think that one of the plusses of dressing vintage is that there's less possibility of somebody else showing up at an event in the exact same outfit. lol :D

I know, very simply had to imagine someone else wearing a dress that you are wearing, (well you know what I mean, not that you wear dresses)....hahahlololo!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
usleathermart