Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Excessive posting? ... Interesting.....

amador

A-List Customer
I often speak with elders and discuss matters. Once I inquired about how complicated life seems to get as we age and if things would some day become less so. The gentleman replied that no, things do get more perplexing so there is no point in waiting for things to clear up.

Just another Excessive Post. Thank you very much

rue

I often speak with elders and discuss matters. Once I inquired about how complicated life seems to get as we age and if things would some day become less so. The gentleman replied that no, things do get more perplexing so there is no point in waiting for things to clear up.

Just another Excessive Post. Thank you very much

You know.... when you're young you think the world will be better when you grow up and when you finally are grown up, you realize that that it's not that way at all and you wish you could be a kid again, in a sense.

As George Bernard Shaw said..... "Youth is wasted on the young."

Hmm..I'm older...retired early 12 yrs ago. Got outa the ratrace. Took a couple yrs to actually come down off that high. For me..life is not so complicated anymore. Probably never should have been. I seem to have found a deeper sense of appreciation...and things that used to seem to matter..simply don't so much anymore. I think it's the age..not so much the retirement...but maybe both. What really matters now is quite different than what I once thought. What can be so perplexing is how fast time now seems to go by. I think (for many) as they get older..the simple things seem to matter more...and those ain't really so complex...

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
Lordy it's getting dark around here.....back I go to the Bobby-pin storage thread.......

rue

Hmm..I'm older...retired early 12 yrs ago. Got outa the ratrace. Took a couple yrs to actually come down off that high. For me..life is not so complicated anymore. Probably never should have been. I seem to have found a deeper sense of appreciation...and things that used to seem to matter..simply don't so much anymore. I think it's the age..not so much the retirement...but maybe both. What really matters now is quite different than what I once thought. What can be so perplexing is how fast time now seems to go by. I think (for many) as they get older..the simple things seem to matter more...and those ain't really so complex...

I get what you're saying HD :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner