Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Excessive posting? ... Interesting.....

If you Street View parts of L.A. on Google Earth, pan up to the sky and you'll notice that they forgot to clean off the camera dome of the Googlemobile when a bird dive bombed it. lol

Last edited:

Formeruser012523

Call Me a Cab
Wow...not sure how to follow that one... lol

Living near ducks is quite interesting. Especially when they like to balance on the power lines that cross the street above you...Or when they nearly fly into your windshield, or you when you're trying to enter your car.

Not sure how many times I've yelled "DUCK!!"

Justin B

One Too Many
LOL. "Duck! Duck!" and then the big one, "Goose!" Sound slike you're playing a schoolyard game instead of just driving up the street.

Formeruser012523

Call Me a Cab
No, no goosen. Just a bunch of dang DUCKS! Tearing into trash, pooping on EVERYTHING, nesting & having -- ahem, "relations" right on your front porch...

Especially fun when a line of about 12 of them waddle as slow as possible in front of your car. Or a pregnant one decides to rest in the middle of the road & refuses to move.

:eusa_doh:

C-dot

Call Me a Cab
My Merc breaks the 4,000 lb mark, at 4,020. C-dot, you drive a Grand Am or something similar, correct? Right around 3,050 depending on the year.

Yes, a 2000 Grand Am, and I think they were bulkier than the '02 to '04 models. I had some stuff loaded in the trunk for the dump one time, and it weighed in just shy of 4 000, so thats about right :)

Tom knows that I brake for squirrels too! lol You should hear me in the car, "NO! NO! NO! Don't run into the street!" lol

You're very nice about it :p I swear like a sailor at them when they do that. They're ruining my nice low blood pressure count!

No, no goosen. Just a bunch of dang DUCKS! Tearing into trash, pooping on EVERYTHING, nesting & having -- ahem, "relations" right on your front porch...

Oh dear, I have the same problem with the friggin' squirrels. There is this tree stump outside my window they especially like...

Last edited:
A few years ago...a bird slammed into my shoulder while riding my motorcycle doing 75 MPH on the interstate. It was my third one since I began riding in 1964.:(
In 2007 I purchased a new Solstice convertable. Good friends did too. We traveled to Clifty Falls State Park to see the falls and stay overnight at the Inn...following each other to southern Indiana. Just outside the park(on the Ohio River) there is a power plant with two very tall massive chimneys. Buzzards continuosly circle them for some reason. That beautiful spring evening we decided to put the tops down and drive into town to eat at a favorite restaurant. I was glancing in the rearview mirror at the couple behind us as we took the winding curves down to the river road. Suddenly a bucket of Buzzard BS plopped in the passenger seat of the covertable behind us. Bad thing is..the driver's wife was sitting in that seat. I have never seen anything like that in my life. It was like someone had dumped a bucket of wallpaper paste all over her hair..blouse..and lap. She was dazed..and sat there blinking her eyes...and dammit..my wife had left the camera back at the room!:mad:lol

C-dot

Call Me a Cab
It was like someone had dumped a bucket of wallpaper paste all over her hair..blouse..and lap. She was dazed..and sat there blinking her eyes...and dammit..my wife had left the camera back at the room!:mad:lol

Hilarious lol The only time a bird has done me wrong was when I was about 11, sitting on my back patio wearing pants, and it happened on my thigh. Everybody laughed, but I ran into the house in due course. (PS, my neighbours have a Solstice convertible, it's a pretty funky car!)

I need good vibes from everybody if you can spare them. Ontario has a graduated licensing system for drivers, and there are three driving tests. I've put off doing the last test for a really long time, so I scheduled it for tomorrow at 10.00am. I'm really anxious because I can't parallel park to save my life, and although I've been practicing, I'm just terrible at it. If I bung that up, I bung up the test too :( So wish me luck for the dreaded parallel park, and that I may never have to do it again.

sheeplady

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Hilarious lol The only time a bird has done me wrong was when I was about 11, sitting on my back patio wearing pants, and it happened on my thigh. Everybody laughed, but I ran into the house in due course. (PS, my neighbours have a Solstice convertible, it's a pretty funky car!)

I need good vibes from everybody if you can spare them. Ontario has a graduated licensing system for drivers, and there are three driving tests. I've put off doing the last test for a really long time, so I scheduled it for tomorrow at 10.00am. I'm really anxious because I can't parallel park to save my life, and although I've been practicing, I'm just terrible at it. If I bung that up, I bung up the test too :( So wish me luck for the dreaded parallel park, and that I may never have to do it again.

Good luck! We have only one test in NY state, but if you don't pass the parallel park you fail here too.

I haven't parallel parked since my test. :p

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
I know what that's like. I keep saying I won't do it again, but the tank and equipment are still sitting there staring at me accusingly...

Best of luck.
Not to toss a curve totally into anything, you have some good people in Plano that made the news, as they helped some less fortunate people (saved their home, donated money) that lived about 1,200 miles away from Texas. I tip my hat to the good people in Texas!

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
My Daughter made individual pizzas using rolled out 'Flakey Grand' canned biscuits..adding sausage...tiny pepperronies...peppers...sauce and matzo cheese on top. My gawd...that biscuit crust was mouthwatering GOOD!
Hot dogs now this...I am gonna have to drive down and get a belly full, soon!

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
tumblr_lcn7p1iuCc1qf1irgo1_500.gif
And you wonder where all that "KFC" chicken REALLY comes from???

C-dot

Call Me a Cab
Good luck! We have only one test in NY state, but if you don't pass the parallel park you fail here too.

I haven't parallel parked since my test. :p
Just remember the basics. You'll do fine C-dot. I believe in you.

I haven't parallel parked since my second test. I don't know how in the Sam Hill I managed it that time. I don't plan to do it again after this!

Thanks for the luck :)

As do I. I avoid parking near trees as much as I can.

Makes me angry just thinking about it. I hate cleaning sap off my cars.

The frogs are thicker than bugs on a bumper here right now. They're all over the road at night and I'm busy swerving them like potholes!!

I once breaked (broke?) for a frog. I had this 3 month period in my life in which I swear to god, every damned song bird in a 100 mile radius dive bombed my car while I was driving. If I was lucky, they just did their business on my hood/windshield and went on. If I wasn't so lucky, they didn't pull up in time and my car overtook them, even when I slammed on my breaks. :( Poor birdies. It actually made me afraid to drive, because I always ended up hitting one of them at least once a week. :(

Good vibes from me lol You'll do great! My trick is always to line my mirror up with the mirror of the car in front of me before I back it in. I'm a real good parallel parker. Once a week, at least, I parallel the Mile-long Merc in downtown Portage. Ironically, right where John and Lisa have this cherry-picker parked lol

Portage-WI-LPTT.jpg

$(KGrHqZ,!iIE3R,gfvhlBN4FYUw,kQ~~0_3.JPG

(Sorry, couldn't resist throwing in a vintage pic!)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sirteen