Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Eyebrow Grooming

How do you maintain your brows?

• Wax

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Thread

• I pay a professional

• I don't groom them

• Total voters

Caity Lynn

Practically Family
Heres a question for you gals.

Anyone trim their eyebrows? I definitely do. If not I can do a little Captain Hook curl at the end. It's terrible. So, snip snip. and they're fine.

Also, I used to pluck above my eyebrows, despite being told not to. BAD Idea. It's stopped growing in right. :mad:

ThesFlishThngs

One Too Many
I don't trim, but if I'd inherited my dad's brows I'd have to, for certain. Like woolly bears with feelers!
Isn't it funny about the dangers of plucking the top?

SayCici

Practically Family
Caity Lynn said:
Heres a question for you gals.

Anyone trim their eyebrows? I definitely do. If not I can do a little Captain Hook curl at the end. It's terrible. So, snip snip. and they're fine.

Also, I used to pluck above my eyebrows, despite being told not to. BAD Idea. It's stopped growing in right. :mad:
Every now and then I trim them, I just brush them upwards and snip a little.

Dame LouLou

New in Town
Eyebrows

Threading all the way! Threading (done properly) allows for the most precise arch. I will never go back to waxing.

Lillemor

One Too Many
With my hypersensitive skin tweezing is all I dare to do. Shaping my brows is more important to me now that I don't wear make-up any more. Mine are dark but sparse and there are little holes that I miss filling in but I'm too scared and paranoid of cosmetics right now to experiment until I (hopefully) find a brow pencil that my skin agrees with.

CherryWry

One of the Regulars
I also have to trim a little now and then. I use the same strategy as SayCici and it works to keep them tamed.

Please excuse my ignorance...what's threading?

LisaFreemontSt

One of the Regulars
HazelSmutCrunch said:
I also have to trim a little now and then. I use the same strategy as SayCici and it works to keep them tamed.

Please excuse my ignorance...what's threading?

There are a few tutorials on how to do it yourself on youtube. It involves 'plucking' the hairs w/ a thread and is very precise. But I still tweeze. :)

C-dot

Call Me a Cab
I have to trim mine - I get those ridiculously long old-man-in-the-woods eyebrows!

I'm glad to see that no-one voted for "I don't groom them." I hate eyebrows with no shape! lol

Amy Jeanne

Call Me a Cab
I don't have eyebrows lol

Really, just a few patchy blonde bits of hair. Looks terrible. Same as my grandmother. I cut what I have off every few days and draw on my own. For those who think drawn-on, thin brows look bad, they are an improvement over my REAL brows.

One time my friend Candace saw me with no makeup and the first thing she said to me was "You don't have any eyebrows!" They were at full-growth (out of laziness) when she said that. lol

MarieAnne

Practically Family
I trim mine using one of those mini electric clippers. And then I thread the upper lid, in between my eyebrows and a little above the brow. I get lots of little fine hairs around my eyebrows which are very hard to tweeze because there are so many and they are so fine. Makeup can cling to them and make my eye lids look furry. Threading is fantastic for those. After that I use tweezers to carefully shape.
And, I don't have much of a moustache but when I am threading I usually do a quick once over the upper lip....and I also do my big toe knuckles:p

I learned to thread on YouTube. I find it more painful than tweezing but as I get better at it, I find it hurts less everytime. I like threading because it's quick and thorough. And mess free!

RebeccaMUA

One of the Regulars
I generally draw the shape I want with white eyeliner, use cold wax strips to take off the larger sections and then go in with my tweezers and do the "fine" shaping.

Emer

One of the Regulars
I started getting mine waxed a little over a year ago and I'll never go back. I love the effect waxing gives. The lady who does them now also trims them for me, and I like how neat it makes them look.

Barbigirl

Practically Family
threading

I go to and Eastern Indian beauty shop and get threaded. I have done that for about 5-6 years and always pleased with it. Inexpensive too $8 but I usually tip $2 as well.

Antje

One Too Many
I was getting exited and looked up threading on youtube,
and of course I started right away on my upperlip,
OMG it hurts wow,
but I think it is a great way to loose hair,
I have now such teary eyes I can't see my brows so I just do them another time.

ShesSoVaVaVoom

One of the Regulars
MarieAnne said:
I trim mine using one of those mini electric clippers. And then I thread the upper lid, in between my eyebrows and a little above the brow. I get lots of little fine hairs around my eyebrows which are very hard to tweeze because there are so many and they are so fine. Makeup can cling to them and make my eye lids look furry. Threading is fantastic for those. After that I use tweezers to carefully shape.
And, I don't have much of a moustache but when I am threading I usually do a quick once over the upper lip....and I also do my big toe knuckles:p

I learned to thread on YouTube. I find it more painful than tweezing but as I get better at it, I find it hurts less everytime. I like threading because it's quick and thorough. And mess free!

ouch!! I had my upper lip done once at the place I go and never again! I had tears running down my cheeks (not crying, thing... sneezing type eye watering) and I kept asking her to stop and she kept insisting she was almost done. the years of over-plucking my brows myself has left little room for mistake since their already pretty light... upper lip, hunny you are a brave woman. I'll stick to waxing or tweezing (oddly enough less painful for me) for that!

LisaFreemontSt

One of the Regulars
Antje said:
I was getting exited and looked up threading on youtube,
and of course I started right away on my upperlip,
OMG it hurts wow,
but I think it is a great way to loose hair,
I have now such teary eyes I can't see my brows so I just do them another time.

haha...I haven't tried it yet. But that made me laugh!lol

LisaFreemontSt

One of the Regulars
C-dot said:
Amy Jeanne, I think drawn on eyebrows can look super cool! It takes a really sloppy hand to mess them up.

I agree. Some people do a great job w/ drawing in their brows. There's a Norwegian girl on youtube that goes by Gemmahey...her's always make me happy because she uses a medium tone of pencil (not too dark) and draws them really shapely and arched, like a comic book character. haha. I think it's really pretty. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f_v9gw7tsZs

Amy Jeanne

Call Me a Cab
LisaFreemontSt said:
I agree. Some people do a great job w/ drawing in their brows. There's a Norwegian girl on youtube that goes by Gemmahey...her's always make me happy because she uses a medium tone of pencil (not too dark) and draws them really shapely and arched, like a comic book character. haha. I think it's really pretty. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f_v9gw7tsZs

Ah yess! I've been drawing mine on since 1998 so I have lots of practice! Mine are very shapely and arched -- but not Marlene Dietrich-y! That's even too much for me. lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy