Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fabric Heaven

Nashoba

One Too Many
Wasn't sure where to put this, Bartenders feel free to move or merge with another thread if appropriate. It didn't quite seem to fit in the other sewing threads.

For anyone who lives in TN and isn't too ridiculous a drive from Fayettville, there is a fabric store on the town square (which I swear looks like a time capsule complete with theater, it's fantastic) called Sirs. This place is literally fabric heaven and ridiculously cheap. I was on my way down to the Commissary at Redstone Arsenal in bama and stopped in Fayettville on a whim to kill time with my mother in law. The place is just huge and they have tables and tables of flat fold fabric ranging from 88cents/yd - 3.99/yd. They had VELVET (rayon velvet, but still) for $3.99 a yard! They have upholstry fabric, cotton, chintz, flannel, chiffon (88cent/yd!) and pretty much anything else you can imagine. The place is amazing. Everything is in flat folds, I asked one of the ladies how much each ff averaged and she said they don't know until they open it up and measure! I was good and restrained myself. I only bought some batman fabric (a quilt for a friend) and some marine corps marpat cammie fabric (again a quilt) oh and some thread....but oh my goodness....a girl could spend a day there. And the prices are amazing. I was floored. This is good quality fabric and it's dirt cheap. If anyone lives in / around the Middle TN area and wants to take a trip down there, PM me, I'm planning on going down there at least once a month now. Even if it's just to drool...it's worth the trip. Or heck, if you're looking for a fabric send me a pic, if they have it I'll pick it up for you

And Fayettville is so cute, with antique shops and great little stores, it's easy to make a day of it...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24