Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fabulous "Selected Front Quarter Horsehide" Motorcycle Jacket

LuckyGuy

New in Town
Description: After over 30 years, I am reluctantly letting go of this truly amazing classic motorcycle jacket. It has mild patina and flawless supple horsehide leather! The condition is extraordinary with only very slight wear. Essentially it is just broken in. The label reads "Styled and Made in California, Montgomery Ward, Selected Front Quarter Horsehide". The leather has been conditioned. The quilted red satin body lining, cream flannel pocket bags, original brass Talon zippers, and cuffs are all in excellent condition. All the original brass snaps work fine. It features the bi-swing action back shoulder gussets for freedom movement. The detachable mouton collar is near new. The four brass stars in the photo were on the epaulets, but I thought it was a bit too much bling. However they are in great shape, and can easily be re-attached. This is one of the finest examples of a true vintage motorcycle jacket that I have found! I have more photos to offer upon request. There is really nothing to apologize for on this jacket. Wearing this jacket is like time travel. This style was made famous in the movie "The Wild One".

Please consider the photographs as an integral part of the description.

Size Measurements: (All measurements are taken on the exterior.) Chest; (measured armpit to armpit and doubled) 44", Sleeve length (from shoulder seam to cuff) 24.5", Shoulders (from seam to seam) 18", Length (from base of collar to bottom hem) 23", Hips = 19" (doubled = 38").

Please compare these measurements to a jacket that fits you to determine whether to bid as I don't offer returns. I am happy to answer any questions.

Shipping: The Jacket will be carefully packed and sent with Insurance and Tracking unless these services are not available for your location. I reserve the right to decline bids from members where deliveries are unreliable or from bidders with very low or excessive negative feedback.

Thanks for visiting I am sorting through a collection of interesting vintage clothing and accessories accumulated over decades of enthusiastic curating. Please contact me for price and further information.

Cheers and Good Luck!
Key words: Hercules, Windward, Schott, Langlitz, workwear, trucker, motorcycle, biker, Buco, hot rod, rat rod, VLV, Viva Las Vegas, rocker, motorbike, bobber, Harley, Triumph, BMW, Aero, Vincent, cafe racer

Attachments

• fullsizeoutput_414.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_414.jpeg
    5.2 MB · Views: 680
  • fullsizeoutput_418.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_418.jpeg
    5.2 MB · Views: 669

lgcarp99224

New in Town
Description: After over 30 years, I am reluctantly letting go of this truly amazing classic motorcycle jacket. It has mild patina and flawless supple horsehide leather! The condition is extraordinary with only very slight wear. Essentially it is just broken in. The label reads "Styled and Made in California, Montgomery Ward, Selected Front Quarter Horsehide". The leather has been conditioned. The quilted red satin body lining, cream flannel pocket bags, original brass Talon zippers, and cuffs are all in excellent condition. All the original brass snaps work fine. It features the bi-swing action back shoulder gussets for freedom movement. The detachable mouton collar is near new. The four brass stars in the photo were on the epaulets, but I thought it was a bit too much bling. However they are in great shape, and can easily be re-attached. This is one of the finest examples of a true vintage motorcycle jacket that I have found! I have more photos to offer upon request. There is really nothing to apologize for on this jacket. Wearing this jacket is like time travel. This style was made famous in the movie "The Wild One".

Please consider the photographs as an integral part of the description.

Size Measurements: (All measurements are taken on the exterior.) Chest; (measured armpit to armpit and doubled) 44", Sleeve length (from shoulder seam to cuff) 24.5", Shoulders (from seam to seam) 18", Length (from base of collar to bottom hem) 23", Hips = 19" (doubled = 38").

Please compare these measurements to a jacket that fits you to determine whether to bid as I don't offer returns. I am happy to answer any questions.

Shipping: The Jacket will be carefully packed and sent with Insurance and Tracking unless these services are not available for your location. I reserve the right to decline bids from members where deliveries are unreliable or from bidders with very low or excessive negative feedback.

Thanks for visiting I am sorting through a collection of interesting vintage clothing and accessories accumulated over decades of enthusiastic curating. Please contact me for price and further information.

Cheers and Good Luck!
Key words: Hercules, Windward, Schott, Langlitz, workwear, trucker, motorcycle, biker, Buco, hot rod, rat rod, VLV, Viva Las Vegas, rocker, motorbike, bobber, Harley, Triumph, BMW, Aero, Vincent, cafe racer

lgcarp99224

New in Town
How much for the jacket and will they let me purchase from you considering I'm new to the fedora lounge?

LuckyGuy

New in Town
Greetings, and thanks for your message.
I posted it here because an interested buyer said he would purchase it here as he doesn't use Ebay where it was originally posted. He offered $1,200. I think, if I understand correctly, it is up to us to set up payment. I have been a member here for years, but rarely visit the site.

lgcarp99224

New in Town
$900.00 for the jacket and will they let me purchase from you considering I'm a Newby to fedora lounge.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points