Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Falcon Park Hattery

DJH

I'll Lock Up
HT24, four, five or six months (or more sometimes, just ask the Raiders fans) is pretty much the norm for custom hats. Remember, this isn't a factory with a production line, whether it's this guy, Art, TonyB, Bob Jesse, Penman or whoever, it's just one guy with a bunch of orders to finish before getting to our new hat. Quite often making hats isn't the hatters fulltime job so they don't have a ton of hours to devote to making hats.

Trust me, a nice custom hat is worth the wait - that's also why we have eBay to get a nice deal on a vintage hat to two to pass the time while waiting.

m0nk

One Too Many
Just got an email from Parker, while catching up on this thread. The email was announcing the "Holmes" fedora, which was modeled after the one RDJ wore in the first Sherlock Holmes movie. Parker had shared some pics of this hat a month or so ago when I was asking him about his custom work and have to say I'm very tempted by it. I'm leaning towards a recreation of a Knox forty though and will likely place an order for that after the first of the year. The email also highlighted this thread! :D

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
got the same email but it didn't have any content. I didn't see the movie, but just googled some pics. So it's basically a black wide ribbon fedora? or the giant egg-like bowler? too bad he's not making the Watson!

DragonJade

One of the Regulars
I have one of Parkers creations, the Falcon, just as it is shown on the website. It is awesome to see it in person and is my favorite hat. It would be to dangerous for me to live close to Parker.

Hi. I'm thinking of getting the same. I don't suppose you have any photos of yours? The colour on the website compared to the swab makes it hard to gauge which is more accurate. Thanks.

m0nk

One Too Many
got the same email but it didn't have any content. I didn't see the movie, but just googled some pics. So it's basically a black wide ribbon fedora? or the giant egg-like bowler? too bad he's not making the Watson!
I'm thinking he saw your post as I just got another email with the flyer attached.

Blackjack

One Too Many
Got my FP fedora today. Hand bash, raw edge, mouse grey with a burgundy ribbon...I like it!
hat2.jpg

hat1.jpg

Benzadmiral

Call Me a Cab
Blackjack, in the first pic at least it has a heather sort of look to it. Nice.

My Falcon Park seems to be in limbo. USPS says it's still in Illinois. On the near-miraculous chance that it's been traveling and the data just hasn't been updated, I'll call my postal substation around noon . . . but getting the Deming before Christmas doesn't look good.

DJH

I'll Lock Up
USPS tracking is a joke.
I have items that were delivered months ago that are still on the way here according to the "tracking" page.

Benzadmiral

Call Me a Cab
You give me hope, DJH, sir. I'll definitely call the station (which is staffed not with USPS people, but with my university's employees, who know what they're doing) before noon.

ETA: The adventure continues: "Sorting Complete, December 22, 2011, 9:17 am, NEW ORLEANS, LA"! I just called at 9:45 on the off chance, and they didn't have it ready yet. Maybe, maybe by noon --!

Last edited:

Benzadmiral

Call Me a Cab
It arrived!

I put the box in my car. Now the question is, can I keep my hands off of it until Christmas, or maybe Christmas Eve?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner