Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Families of the Lounge

Twelve years ago today I married Hubby. My best partner in life's adventures. View attachment 135744
*sigh* Rookies. :p

But seriously, congratulations! My wife and I have known couples who couldn't make their relationship work for twelve weeks. Here's to a long, happy, and healthy life together!
Hlbwyt2.gif

Babydoll

Call Me a Cab
*sigh* Rookies. :p

But seriously, congratulations! My wife and I have known couples who couldn't make their relationship work for twelve weeks. Here's to a long, happy, and healthy life together!
Hlbwyt2.gif

He promised me 50 years (he will be early 90s then), so we still have a ways to go.

It is a lot of work, but worth it! (My parents are coming up on their 56th anniversary. Can you imagine being with one person for that long? Better like them a lot!!!)

He promised me 50 years (he will be early 90s then), so we still have a ways to go.

It is a lot of work, but worth it! (My parents are coming up on their 56th anniversary. Can you imagine being with one person for that long? Better like them a lot!!!)
My wife and I reached our 37th anniversary on August 22nd, so I do have some idea of what that might be like. I sincerely believe, for a variety of reasons, that the married life isn't for everyone. But I like it. I also like that your husband promised you 50 years--that shows commitment and the mindset that he's in it for the long haul. I hope you make it to that goal, and can look back on a life well lived when you do.

Babydoll

Call Me a Cab
My wife and I reached our 37th anniversary on August 22nd, so I do have some idea of what that might be like. I sincerely believe, for a variety of reasons, that the married life isn't for everyone. But I like it. I also like that your husband promised you 50 years--that shows commitment and the mindset that he's in it for the long haul. I hope you make it to that goal, and can look back on a life well lived when you do.

His grandparents were married 61 years. We started later in life with each other as I am his second (but by far his BETTER!!!) wife. The goal of 50 years is a great inspiration to take care of ourselves.

This was quite a challenging year as parents. Lily is 8.5 and starting to experience a hormonal rollercoaster which can be tricky to maneuver. We try to always have each other's back as a united parental unit to deal with her shenanigans. Lots of closed door parent chats to figure out our game plan. We are unconventional (she recently threw clothes at my heat in a fit of hormones, so she lost the opportunity to wear them for a week in addition to 10 minutes enforced cool down time in her room, and offering a sincere apology to me), but it is working.

A year or two after we were married my wife and I attended a 50th anniversary celebration for one of my uncles and his wife, and five years later attended their 55th anniversary celebration as well; his wife died less than a year later, and he followed within a few months. By the time my mother-in-law died in 1986, and my dad in 1987, both of our parents had been married more than 40 years. So long-term marriages are definitely possible as long as the people involved are dedicated to making that happen. And I think that's one of the reasons my wife and I have managed to make our marriage work--we were both raised by parents who worked together through good times and bad, and we followed their example.

Desert dog

My Mail is Forwarded Here
My great grandfather. A conversation with @hurricanejack made me think of him. Harris McKinney was a Constable in Indian Territory. He was a very tough man, and was the "The law" in South Central Oklahoma, while it was the Chickasaw Nation. This photo was taken after Oklahoma statehood, when he served as deputy sheriff for Bryan County. My dad and one of his brothers were the strongest and toughest men I have ever known. My dad remembered him well, as he lived with them, and I think, inherited their toughness from him.
6c3ed48ce8c98f293cff7fb321d55f03.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Babydoll

Call Me a Cab
My poor baby. She accidentally cut the tip off her finger with a pair of scissors today and ended up in the ER. Took over 2 hours to stop the bleeding. She will recover eventually, but for now she is not feeling so good.

IMG_20181007_214030.jpg

Babydoll

Call Me a Cab
Middle-of-the-night still here, and a bad dream woke her. Then she realized that she was in pain. More Tylenol, and mama rubbing her head for 30 minutes to relax her back to sleep....

Monday will be a very long day!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner