Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Families of the Lounge

Babydoll

Call Me a Cab
Hope she feels better soon. She'll be telling this story for years...

Lily came up with an interesting story to tell the kids at school about how she got hurt.

Ninjas broke in to our house and she grabbed her light saber to fight them off. During the battle, a piece of light saber broke off and cut off her finger tip. But she took it bravely, like a Jedi!

Middle-of-the-night still here, and a bad dream woke her. Then she realized that she was in pain. More Tylenol, and mama rubbing her head for 30 minutes to relax her back to sleep...
Poor girl. She's lucky to have such loving parents to help her through this.

Lily came up with an interesting story to tell the kids at school about how she got hurt.

Ninjas broke in to our house and she grabbed her light saber to fight them off. During the battle, a piece of light saber broke off and cut off her finger tip. But she took it bravely, like a Jedi!
Good for her!

I broke my left forearm in a car accident when I was in high school--a bad break that made the attending ER doctor seriously consider surgery to install plates and screws to hold the bone together while it healed. Ultimately he relied on his experience as a medic during the Vietnam war, and instead used the plaster cast to apply traction. It would take too long to explain the details, but by the time he was done the cast had a lumpy texture around my wrist that made it look like he wrapped it over my wristwatch. So that's what I told people. And when they didn't believe me I held my cast up to their ear, and while their attention was diverted I tapped on the opposite side of the cast with my other hand. "Oh my God, he did! I can hear it ticking!" Even I found it hard to believe how many people I suckered with that gag. :p

Maryland's Eastern Shore
2ae57bfad7afa04b9a1e007fe8fa8a1b.jpg
4c3973c93640c0a45d7dc5a589b61b23.jpg
36d403e95990e8a34c302e4113c89d2f.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner