Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Families of the Lounge

Bugguy

Practically Family
October 14th... Grand daughter's 1st birthday!!
A personal "smash cake" is a must have; like she cares.

44074948_10101471095215718_932025491123077120_n-1 2.jpg

1967Cougar390

Practically Family
My poor baby. She accidentally cut the tip off her finger with a pair of scissors today and ended up in the ER. Took over 2 hours to stop the bleeding. She will recover eventually, but for now she is not feeling so good.

View attachment 139087
My poor baby. She accidentally cut the tip off her finger with a pair of scissors today and ended up in the ER. Took over 2 hours to stop the bleeding. She will recover eventually, but for now she is not feeling so good.

View attachment 139087

I just saw your post. I hope your daughter is feeling much better after the Ninjas attacked her.
Steven

Babydoll

Call Me a Cab
They used a product called Surgicel on her finger to get the bleeding to stop. As she completely detached the tip pad (yikes), there was nothing to sew back on, and so the used the Surgicel to fill the gap. We are at the point of adding Neosporin to the mix to help promote a scab to form and slowly removing the Surgicel as it naturally starts to come off her finger.

The ER doc kindly gave me a heads-up about Surgicel. When it comes in contact with blood it has a chemical reaction and turns black. He used the phrases "mummy finger" and "zombie finger" to describe what it would look like during the normal healing process. It is still startling when I change the dressings to see her fingertip all black.

We are almost beyond the pain phase, and firmly in the itchy phase which means healing is happening!

...A Willow update:
From this to this all in one year.
Many years ago when one of my wife's friends had her first child she took a photo of her every day for the first year of her life and compiled them in a photo album. Looking at the photos page-by-page the changes were unnoticeable, but if you compared the first photo to the last the differences were striking.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24