Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Families of the Lounge

3fingers

One Too Many
Thanks FF.

Perhaps the stork delivered the wrong baby [emoji14]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T377A using Tapatalk
When my sister was born she had blonde hair and blue eyes. My parents both had dark hair and dark eyes. A local busybody accosted my mother in the grocery store and asked in a loud voice "how could you two have a baby that looked like that?"
My mother's reply was "Oh, you hadn't heard? She belongs to the milkman." She said the old cow let out a huff and stomped off. Mom didn't bother to tell her that her famiy is full of blonde haired, blue eyed people. Her dark hair and eyes came from her mother.

Thanks FF. Perhaps the stork delivered the wrong baby [emoji14]
Pfff, storks. What do they know?

When my sister was born she had blonde hair and blue eyes. My parents both had dark hair and dark eyes. A local busybody accosted my mother in the grocery store and asked in a loud voice "how could you two have a baby that looked like that?"
My mother's reply was "Oh, you hadn't heard? She belongs to the milkman." She said the old cow let out a huff and stomped off. Mom didn't bother to tell her that her famiy is full of blonde haired, blue eyed people. Her dark hair and eyes came from her mother.
When my "bottle blonde" sister gave birth to her second son he came out with darkish brown hair. The Obstetrician who delivered him looked at him, then at my sister, then at my brother-in-law who was blonde, and jokingly asked, "Hey, where did the dark hair come from?" Without missing a beat my brother-in-law pointed at sis's head and said, "Look at the roots." :D

3fingers

One Too Many
Granddaughter holding her baby brother.
received_10215261805805618.jpeg

GHT

I'll Lock Up
Thanks for sharing that story. The world is full of such busybodies. A similar sort of women exists on the periphery of our social circle. She's always there to lambaste anyone who admits to a belief in God. She also finds it irritating in the extreme that my wife and I have no children. She has now decided that we hate kids.
A year or so ago, we went to our friend's granddaughter's christening, the busybody was there. My wife had made the new baby a baptismal gown, bonnet and shawl as a gift. Guests were very complimentary of baby's attire. But the busybody couldn't resist: "I thought that you didn't like kids," she said to my wife. And without stopping to draw breath my wife retorted: "And I thought that you didn't believe in God." Busybody's expression was a picture.

1967Cougar390

Practically Family
Great pics, and a good looking boy you got there. Looks to be the same age as my son. Its a fun age. :)
Thanks. Ian is 5 and a blast. He comes up with the funniest things. This past weekend he told his mother and I that Mickey Mouse and Chuck E. Cheese are cousins. He said that Chuck E. Cheese is cool because he’s more laid back than Mickey Mouse. :)

Happy 35th (Wedding) Anniversary to my beautiful bride Terri (with an 'I').

View attachment 116495
"Weddnig"? :p

But seriously, congratulations!!! My wife and I have known a number of people over the years who never seemed able to make their relationships work for various reasons, so it always makes us happy to see that particular pendulum swing in the opposite direction. It isn't always easy, but from my perspective having that one special person in your life makes the bad times more bearable, and the good times that much better.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner