Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Famous People in Flight Jackets

TXFlyGuy

Practically Family
Amelia Earhart...yes, that is her name! And better looking than the original.

Amelia Earhart.jpg

pauleway

Practically Family
Nowadays, Mick does look increasingly like he's wearing somebody else's hair doesn't he? :D

Have to say, a pretty good crop for an old geezer!;) There was a local band where I'm from years ago that was named "The Ugly Brothers". That's the name that would have been more appropriate for the Rolling Stones!!:p

thor

Call Me a Cab
image.jpg

There's a video link over on The Aviation Forum showing him flying the Mustang (they mounted a small camera in the cockpit) along with quite a bit of discussion from aviation-types remarking on Cruise and his airplane.

Last edited:

Treetopflyer

Practically Family
Gary Sinise rockin out in the Nomex.

Another of Sinise from the movie 'Mission to Mars' Strange that he is wearing an A-2 with Navy and Marine Corps patches on it. Not noticeable from the picture though. They are also patches for multiple type aircraft, F-14 and Harrier. Not uncommon if he is a test pilot, I guess.

Last edited:

TXFlyGuy

Practically Family
Gary Sinise is one of my all time favorites! His Lt. Dan band has played in the Dallas area several times. Check out his YouTube video doing "Purple Haze".

Last edited:

rocketeer

Call Me a Cab
And here we have Bob Waterfield from the film, Jungle Manhunt(Shown on TV this Sunday)
Dont know much about him myself but you Yanks may be more familiar. Found on the web he was a football player and a wartime ace but not much else.
Nice A2 though

aaawatch5_zps4a71807f.jpg

Jay Tee

TXFlyGuy

Practically Family
image.jpg

Bet most of you did not know Jerry had an A-2. Looks to be about two sizes too large for him.

Last edited:

TXFlyGuy

Practically Family
And here we have Bob Waterfield from the film, Jungle Manhunt(Shown on TV this Sunday)
Dont know much about him myself but you Yanks may be more familiar. Found on the web he was a football player and a wartime ace but not much else.
Nice A2 though

aaawatch5_zps4a71807f.jpg

Jay Tee

That is Johnny Weissmuller (center), Gold Medal Olympic Champion. Set numerous records in swimming. Not to mention his movie appearances, and TV too.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy