Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Famous People in Flight Jackets

Blackadder

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Thanks Blackadder! I knew some one would have the answer. It must be a very early L2. My only question is, would you really want to wear a nylon jacket, when you could be exposed to fire?
I doubt they wear the L-2 on a jet plane. That brings another interesting question. Should flight jackets still be called flight jackets if they are not worn in flight?

Doctor Damage

I'll Lock Up
Stearmen said:
My only question is, would you really want to wear a nylon jacket, when you could be exposed to fire?
They wore them all the time (F-86 in Korea? nylon everywhere) and they must have melted now and then, which is why the USAF switched to aromatic polyamide jackets in the mid-70s.

Blackadder

My Mail is Forwarded Here
They wore them all the time (F-86 in Korea? nylon everywhere) and they must have melted now and then, which is why the USAF switched to aromatic polyamide jackets in the mid-70s.
My mistake. Read that they did design the MA-1 to be worn in jet's tight cockpit.

Doctor Damage

I'll Lock Up
Jessie J in a fashion flight jacket. Still, it's good when celebs are wearing flight jackets, since it means clothing companies will keep making them.

1415922718381_wps_7_13_Nov_2014_LOS_ANGELES_U.jpg

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
Jessie J in a fashion flight jacket. Still, it's good when celebs are wearing flight jackets, since it means clothing companies will keep making them.

1415922718381_wps_7_13_Nov_2014_LOS_ANGELES_U.jpg

Is this woman - does she not have a surname - famous? Maybe not over here. But then I'm old and disinterested in media. And, incidentally, I find it curious that her lank, severely parted hair looks lifeless and years older than her comparatively lively face.

Last edited:

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
I don't think these two are famous, but it's nice to see a G-1 jacket being worn in the Netherlands in the 1960s.

Jv_E_auto_boot.jpg

It is either an 1980 or 81 301cui, Turbo Firebird. A rather forgettable version of the Screaming Chicken car! I told everyone, the 80s were tacky!

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
I love this photo. They do look like they've stepped of a late-70s Scorsese film: "Ya look like a mook", "Yeah, well I'm not the one wearing my mom's fur coat".

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
usleathermart