Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Famous People in Flight Jackets

Doctor Damage

I'll Lock Up
I was watching the first season of The Professionals (Mk I) on Blu-Ray last night (absolutely brilliant!) and in the 1977 episode "Look after Annie", Martin Shaw wore a really nice Irvin in brown fleece (just like ELC's 1942 Pattern) but it had a one-piece back panel and it looked really nice.
I've spent an hour trawling the 'net to try and find a photo of it to post here, but to no avail - but I'll keep trying. It must be somewhere. He wore another one earlier in the season - very battered and with a light cream fleece - but that's not the one I'm after. The brown fleece Irvin is much better.
Here's the full episode on youtube:

Maybe take some screenshots?

Stand By

One Too Many
Here's the full episode on youtube:

Maybe take some screenshots?

Well done! This is the old DVD release by Contender (much criticized for supposedly being remastered but was still grainy with a lack of balanced colour and contrast and dirty due to a lack of proper equipment - and a lack of access to the original source footage) before Network got a proper hold of it and cleaned it up and re-mastered it properly. It looks and sounds fantastic now.
Not sure how I'd take a screenshot though ...
Doyle's jacket makes its entrance at 26'45"' onwards - and especially at 41'30"'>.

Last edited:

Stand By

One Too Many
WELL DONE! I don't know how you did that, DD, but thank you! I'm obliged to you for you taking the time to do that.
And you caught the one-piece back panel perfectly too!
Bravo, Sir!

Last edited:

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
951071390ddbe9b446b9da110609f404_zpshvn1n8gu.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy