Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Famous People in Flight Jackets

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
I'm probably getting old and grumpy but if there's one thing which p"sses me off more about modern popular culture it's this repugnant trend of those vacuous individuals famous for nothing more than: a) Being famous; b) And/or having done a sex tape; and last, but by no means least, c) Being talentless beyond imagining.

I'll stop now before I find myself launching into language unbefitting of the fine membership here.

AdeeC

Practically Family
I'm probably getting old and grumpy but if there's one thing which p"sses me off more about modern popular culture it's this repugnant trend of those vacuous individuals famous for nothing more than: a) Being famous; b) And/or having done a sex tape; and last, but by no means least, c) Being talentless beyond imagining.

I'll stop now before I find myself launching into language unbefitting of the fine membership here.
A role model for the young facebook crowd.

TPD166

One Too Many
Lots of great flying jackets in the film "Task Force" (1949) - some 3/4-length flying coats, A-1s, 37J1s, and some A-1 styled jackets (diagonal front flap) in the early scenes set about 1919-20. Not too many images available online, but a great movie if you can find it. Here's a shot of Gary Cooper from the opening sequence set about 1919 or 1920.

pilot error

One of the Regulars
Gene Kelly The Devil Makes Three 1952
7e07b77e8bdd2fdcf45be350e41393a3.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Doctor Damage

I'll Lock Up
Great pics, guys. I think it's interesting to see a lightweight sheepskin jacket (model?) in a film, they always seemed to use the heavier B3 instead.

Stand By

One Too Many
I was watching the first season of The Professionals (Mk I) on Blu-Ray last night (absolutely brilliant!) and in the 1977 episode "Look after Annie", Martin Shaw wore a really nice Irvin in brown fleece (just like ELC's 1942 Pattern) but it had a one-piece back panel and it looked really nice.
I've spent an hour trawling the 'net to try and find a photo of it to post here, but to no avail - but I'll keep trying. It must be somewhere. He wore another one earlier in the season - very battered and with a light cream fleece - but that's not the one I'm after. The brown fleece Irvin is much better.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy