Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

faux fur short cape at Target

FedoraGirl

New in Town
has anyone seen Target's faux fur white with tan (other colors also available, i just like this one) elbow-length cape at target recently? i was wondering what era it was styled after...ie whether it would be a good vintage-style accessory. it only cost $25! thought it'd be nice for going out wearing a nice moedern or vintage dress...anyway it's really cute.

colleency

One of the Regulars
I went and looked at it last night. It looks vaguely 50's-ish to me, but it could probably do for almost any time. It looks like a rather timeless style. It's a very plain design, just a capelet with a short collar from faux fur.

Have fun with it!

Vanessa

One Too Many
Target's a new hidden source for vintage-y type pieces. Lauren & I have gotten several great 30's & 40's styled sweaters there. I also got a faux fur shrug-style jacket for $15.

Lauren

Distinguished Service Award
I heart Target.

The Quality is what you would expect for the price. Decent, but not something that would last years and years.

Daisy Buchanan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Vanessa said:
Target's a new hidden source for vintage-y type pieces. Lauren & I have gotten several great 30's & 40's styled sweaters there. I also got a faux fur shrug-style jacket for $15.

I got the faux fur black bolero from Target, because I had admired yours on the QM, hope you don't mind, but it was quite perfect! The quality is pretty good, and the price definitely right. I'm actually wearing it in one of the pics I posted earlier in the general attire section. Anyway, you had also told me about the sweaters, but I couldn't find them in the store near me. Did you get them online? Tops and sweaters are the items I seem to have trouble finding. Have you seen any other stores that sell vintage looking modern? We have a store here in Boston, Jasmine Sola, not sure if it's national. They have some vintage inspired pieces, but they are a bit too expensive:cry:

swinggal

One Too Many
We have the 'Capelet' at Target here too. It looks very 50's to me. Comes in brown and tan here.

There are a few shops here that are selling dresses straight from the 30s the 40's. I kid you not! The cut, the fabric...everything. Looks like they were made straight from a vintage pattern. I was so shocked to see them and happy to see some style back in the shops. Last years mainstreams fashions were apalling.

D

Deleted member 259

I have a short cape i bought last year from a funky store in Georgetown called Commander Salamander.
The only difference is that mine has slits on the sides for arms. I love it, it dresses up every outfit, and no one else around here wears one, so I get lots of Compliments.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo