Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

favorite cars of the golden era

deanglen

My Mail is Forwarded Here
No contest for me

Buick, Roadmaster, 1955. This is owned by Jay Leno.

buick_roadmaster_jay_lenos_1955_01_.jpg

dean

LadyStardust

Practically Family
MrNewportCustom said:
Okay, ladies and gentlemen, my recent adventure in Jay's Big Dog shop has me wondering:

Which classic car would you give your right arm (left arm, if you're left-handed) or other apendage to own?

Packard 120. Any of the ones pictured here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Packard_120

Lee
Oh, I love Packards. They're undoubtedly my overall favorite make of car. The last 120, the Darrin, is a STUNNER! :eusa_clap

Buuut, my favorite, absolute dream car is a 1939 Aston Martin Lagonda V12 Rapide. Single-handedly the most gorgeous car I've ever seen.
http://img293.imageshack.us/img293/1636/astonmartinlagondav12rapm9.jpg

marquise

Familiar Face
A 1930 or 31 Model A Roadster.

DW31roadster.jpg

X_1931_Ford_Model_A_Roadster_10152006073736_16223.jpg

In light yellow, or Jadeite. I could eat it.

But that 1938 Chevy Deluxe Sedan looks mighty tasty, especially the green.

Daisy Buchanan

Ooh, this could be a tough one, my list could be long. I'll try to narrow it down to one brand, for now:D

The 1926 Mercedes K
1926-1940_image_1.jpg

1934 Mercedes 500 K
1926-1940_image_11.jpg

1954 Mercedes 300 SL "The Gullwing" (ahhh, what a dream come true that would be!
1947-1958_image_8.jpg

1957 Mercedes 300 SL Roadster. This was one of the first Mercedes my Dad re-built. He picked up my Mom for their first date in it:) I'd love to one day have one of my own, and maybe be able to find one for my Dad too..
1947-1958_image_11.jpg

SGB

One of the Regulars
TraderRic said:
It would have to be the Lotus 7 series II from "The Prisoner". I would give my left or right anything for that!
LOTUS7.jpg

Be seeing you.

I really miss my Lotus 7, sold it before we moved to AZ 3 years ago. I owned it for 30 years.
The most fun I've ever had driving a car was always driving the Lotus, especially being naughty on the twisty bits. It was a real Porsche eater.

SGB

Daisy Buchanan

TraderRic said:
It would have to be the Lotus 7 series II from "The Prisoner". I would give my left or right anything for that!
LOTUS7.jpg

Be seeing you.

Great choice!

:eek:fftopic: Nice to see another person from Little Rhody here!! I grew up in Cranston, my folks still live there. But, I spent my summers in Newport or The Block. I even spent one summer roping boats at The Treadway, which I know has a new name but I can't remember what it is. I might be spending a week there for Jazz festival, it would be cool to meet up with some Newport Loungers. Oysters and cold ones at The Black Pearl sounds good to me:)

SGB

One of the Regulars
TraderRic said:
LOTUS7.jpg

Be seeing you.

It is unknown whatever became of the Prisoner 7, there have been rumors for years in Lotus circles, but none ever proved true. It would be quite a catch.

SGB

SGB

One of the Regulars
Bugatti Type 57 SC Atlantic Coupe

This is my favorite car, period. And, I will see one in the flesh later this month at the Phoenix Art Museum in a show called "Curves of Steel". There are going to be some amazing cars there, I can't wait.

http://www.phxart.org/exhibitions/curves.asp

SGB

JCBurns

Familiar Face
OK, now I know it is not vintage, but I lusted after this car for 5 years....3 years before they even started building them. I saw it at as a concept car in 2002 and decided I HAD to have one. Finally got it 2 months ago.

P1000756-3.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elzbthy