Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

favorite cars of the golden era

Wild Root

Gone Home
Ooooooooh, nice stuff guys! Good taste. My taste leans to the American side more though... Especialy the Chrysler stuff!

How about this hottie! A 1932 Chrysler Imperial!

chryslerimperial1932zy4.jpg

=WR=

cneil

Familiar Face
1932 Chrysler Imperial

Wild Root said:
Ooooooooh, nice stuff guys! Good taste. My taste leans to the American side more though... Especialy the Chrysler stuff!

How about this hottie! A 1932 Chrysler Imperial!

chryslerimperial1932zy4.jpg

=WR=

1932 Chrysler Imperial CG Roadster with a Chrysler In-Line 8 cylender engien under the hood. NICE!

Also, Any Aburn, Cord, Duesenbeurg product.

SGB

One of the Regulars
Tomasso said:
1937 T57 Atalante

]
t57scat4.jpg

That's the one, my all-time favorite car in the world, the most beautiful car ever built. Thanks for the photo, made my day.

SGB

Wild Root

Gone Home
Not a bad looking car... funny, I almost hate to say it but, those rims remind me of those off of a 1980's Corvette for some reason... I guess that’s where they got the design from!

=WR=

The Reno Kid

A-List Customer
Here's another one that looks particularly nice (to me anyway).
edc620ed.jpg

1930 Cord L29

This one was technically innovative too. I believe it was the first practical use of front wheel drive.

And here's a shapely stablemate.
edc61bda.jpg

1932 Auburn 8-100A

DanielJones

I'll Lock Up
Tomasso said:
Dan, do you think that was the original color?

There's a good possibility of that Tomasso. These were one off cars built to order, so the possibility of the magenta being an original color is good. This one comes out of the Clive Cussler collection and he prides himself on the historical accuracy of his collections. I've only seen a few others in original condition and they were in very unconventional color schemes, including another 1936 in a vibrant canary yellow and navy blue scheme.

Cheers!

Dan

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails