Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Favorite comfort food . . .

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
I just realized today, I don't have a comfort food. It was a bad day, and a long one, so I stopped for takeout, that's when I thought of this thread, so I ordered a milkshake. I guess that is as close as I get, didn't comfort me much though!

I just realized today, I don't have a comfort food. It was a bad day, and a long one, so I stopped for takeout, that's when I thought of this thread, so I ordered a milkshake. I guess that is as close as I get, didn't comfort me much though!

I recently discovered there's a "milkshake bar" around the corner from my house. I wonder if they're made by milkshake artisans. Or are they "scoopologists"?

Hercule

Practically Family
re milk shakes - when I was a kid, say, pre 8 or so, my breakfast of choice was a hamburger and a vanilla milk shake.

I find it so hard to get a good shake these days. They're all so thick, What's the sense? Might as well get a glass of soft-serve. The best shake I EVER had was at Marcus Dairy in Danbury Connecticut. It was a vanilla shake that was like a cloud in a glass. - Mostly because they put it on the mixer and forgot about it!

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
Milkshake artisans....:eusa_clap
My inlaws had a hankerin for DQ the other night, so I went to help my FIL carry back the order.
While their local (and only) DQ USED to have milkshake artisans, apparently they have moved to HudsonHawk's town.
Vanilla it was, malt it wasn't.
Lesson learned, and actually no weight gained while on vacation, despite having pecan pie in the fridge.
Wait! A vanilla malt, pecan pie, scotch shake. Brilliant!!!

Milkshake artisans....:eusa_clap
My inlaws had a hankerin for DQ the other night, so I went to help my FIL carry back the order.
While their local (and only) DQ USED to have milkshake artisans, apparently they have moved to HudsonHawk's town.
Vanilla it was, malt it wasn't.
Lesson learned, and actually no weight gained while on vacation, despite having pecan pie in the fridge.
Wait! A vanilla malt, pecan pie, scotch shake. Brilliant!!!

You can keep the rest. I'll take the scotch milkshake. :p

WesternHatWearer

A-List Customer
My favorite comfort food would be some homemade smoked bbq. Yes it takes a lot of time but it is one my favorites. After that may be some homemade Mac and Cheese. Yes some real health food here. :cool:

Retro Spectator

Practically Family
I love macaroni and cheese! I especially love when it is baked, as I love the crusty part. :essen:

I also love mashed potatoes! The more butter, the better! :D

pawineguy

One Too Many
BBQ ribs for me.

Where's the recipe for this 'Scotch milkshake'?

I can help you with a Bourbon milk shake - I'm also a big fan of milk punch, a great Southern treat.

Ingredients:
6 ice cubes
2.5 cups premium vanilla ice cream
2 cups milk (whole preferred of course)
1/4 cup bourbon (a sweeter tasting brand like Knob Creek or Maker’s Mark is best)
Preparation:
Put all ingredients into a blender and blend for about
20 seconds-to break up ice cubes and make a thick, smooth shake.
Pour into glass. Makes 3-6 oz. servings.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy