Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Favorite Golden Era Couples

TCMfan25

Practically Family
If you wish to delete, moderators, go ahead :)

Gee, thanks for the permission.... seriously, if you have questions "should I really do this?" That's a good indicator that you should not.

Deco-Doll-1928

Practically Family
My vote goes to Fred Astaire and Ginger Rogers. If I ever had a "vintage fantasy", it would be most likely be about these two. [sigh]

fred_astaire_063.jpg

One of my favorite duos is Laurel and Hardy

%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20Laurel-and-Hardy.j-4012-thumb-500x331-35996.jpg

I hope nobody finds this creepy because it's far from it. It's sweet and touching. On George Burns and Gracie Allen's tombstone, it reads "Together Again". Awwwww...... That shows how much they cared about each other. :)

georgandgracie.jpg

HadleyH

I'll Lock Up
:p No smoking please.

Yes, smoking please! lol

I can't believe this couple is not here!

In the early 1960s when each was married to someone else and they lived openly together, their love affair made more headlines than the Cuban missile crisis!

Oh Elizabeth Oh Richard!........................you were so beautiful!............ Bless! :)
liz-taylor-11.jpg

I Adore Film Noir

A-List Customer
Sheer glamour: Nick and Nora Charles
Humor: Wallace Beery and Marie Dressler

A touching anecdote from George Burns: he wrote that after Gracie died, he couldn't get a good nights sleep until he slept on her side of the bed ♥

Chas

One Too Many
liz-taylor-11.jpg

Yeah, I'll bet they'd be fun. Except that I suspect that they are the sort of couple that would get wasted and then fight in FRONT of you. I've always hated that.

These two probably had the best dinner parties. That, and they're awesome to look at. Consider that that comment comes from a straight guy.

Randolph%20Scott%20Cary%20Grant.jpg

Without reservation or doubt, I would most love to take coffee in the kitchen of Lucille and Louis Armstrong. Talk about a sweet, loving pair of people. None better.

$(KGrHqR,!jIE1NRr,kN!BNijuDbn2Q~~_3.JPG

Last edited:

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
Without reservation or doubt, I would most love to take coffee in the kitchen of Lucille and Louis Armstrong. Talk about a sweet, loving pair of people. None better.

$(KGrHqR,!jIE1NRr,kN!BNijuDbn2Q~~_3.JPG

And how. Maybe a little muggles with Louis on the back porch after. ;)

(But don't let him slip you any laxatives)

Connery

One Too Many
Italian screen director Roberto Rossellini and his wife, actress Ingrid Bergman. (1951)

BE061015.jpg

Ingrid Bergman with then husband Peter Lindstrom and Roberto Rosellini while filming "God's Earth"

IngridRosseliniLindstrom.jpg

HadleyH

I'll Lock Up
Two more couples from Hollywoodland! :)

Irving Thalberg boy-genius producer and his wife, the onetime queen of the MGM lot, Norma Shearer
shearer-norma-irving-thalberg-2.jpg

Joan Crawford and Douglas Fairbanks Jr. the "it" couple in the late 1920s and early 1930s.
j0jkac.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindawalters