Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Favorite liquid eyeliner

Feathers

Familiar Face
Rimmel is absolutely wonderful! I work in a coffee shop and, what with all the oils milling around, can you believe it lasts all day long? So glad to hear you ladies feel the same!

Elaina

One Too Many
I use what I get at the dollar store. I go through it like candy, and it works better then the department stores.

I've worn it for years, it's a nameless off off off brand, but I've worked as a waitress, in McDonald's and doing construction and it's stayed on.

Incorporeal13

Familiar Face
My current favorite is actually a pretty cheap kind, I think I paid about 4 bucks for it. I got it from my local Ulta store, and it's called Prestige. The applicator is great, I usually opt for the kind that comes in somewhat of a pencil form so I can hold it closer to the tip, but this one works really well for one of the more "wand"-ish styles. It glides on and applies easily, comes off easily if you make a mistake, but stays put all night. I love it.

Lucinda Q

New in Town
I'm a fan of Collection 2000 fast stroke liquid liner.
Cheap and a really precise brush (perfect for those cat flicks!)
And it doesn't budge! I just wish it was tad blacker black... *sigh*

LisaFreemontSt

One of the Regulars
I use a great quality gel liner from Coastal Scents. (www.coastalscents.com)

They have alot of colors and it stays as well as Mac Fluidline.
I'm curious about the I Am Trouble cake liner by masuimi max? Has anyone tried it? I'm in the market for a good cake liner.

Puzzicato

One Too Many
Lucinda Q said:
I'm a fan of Collection 2000 fast stroke liquid liner.
Cheap and a really precise brush (perfect for those cat flicks!)
And it doesn't budge! I just wish it was tad blacker black... *sigh*

I am a fan of that one too, but recently I've been using either MAC fluidline or Clinique brush on creme liner.

TillyMilly

One of the Regulars
Another fan of MACs fluidline here. I use the MAC eyeliner brush with it or sometimes the MAC precise eyeliner brush for a finer line. i found it dried out quickly so I added a drop of almond oil and that seems to have emulsified it nicely.

I find it difficult to get the wings the same on each eye- so i use an angled brush dipped in pale brown shadow and dab that on as a guide and then go over with the liner to get the initial shape and then work back from the end of the wing to thicken the line.

I don't like the ones with the brush attached like MAC liquid last as I find it really hard to work with the brush. I also prefer a thicker creamier product as it's easier to control.

MissHannah

One Too Many
I've been using the Rimmel Pro liquid liner for several years too and I'm a big fan but recently they brought out a new pen-liner and I thought I'd give it a try. It's pretty useless for eyeliner but it's not bad for eyebrows! It's converted me to the idea of a paint for my eyebrows instead of pencil. Illamasqua do a black eyebrow cake and also a 'sealing gel' to mix it with but I was thinking of trying black eyeshadow with water first - anybody ever tried this?

Kishtu

Practically Family
Barry M for me!

I normally use the gel push-up pencil - it's practically immovable once in place.
I used to find with (very) liquid eyeliner that if I blinked before it was absolutely dry I'd end up with a perfect mirror-image of the line half way up my eyelid... what they do with the Barry M formula I do not know but it seems to go on like a kohl and then dry in place like a liquid.

Jojo

New in Town
First i used liner express from maybeline after that L'Oreal Lineur Intense. Now it''s Bourjois Liner Feutre. It's says very long lasting, and it is. And easy to use beacause it is a liner pen :eusa_clap

MissHannah

One Too Many
Now that's a good tip! I'll give the eyedrops a try before I spend £10 on the Illamasqua sealing gel. I don't mind if it doesn't go on jet black on my eyebrows as mine are more like a very dark grey - could be perfect!

User25159

New in Town
Snookie said:
I'm loving this new gel eyeliner from Maybelline (I've never used gel eyeliner before, so maybe they're all good. But I really like this one.) It's easy to control, and you can build up the color. I've worn it out dancing and it's still perfectly in place at the end of the night.

http://www.maybelline.com/whatsnew/eyestudio/#/lasting-drama-gel-eyeliner

Hi! I have this too, but i hate that it doesn't come out jet-black at the first stroke. It is awesome for my watery eyes during allergy season since it's waterproof.

My 100% favorite eyeliner is the Kat Von D autograph eyeliner. The formula is REALLY black, and the little brush in there makes a fabulous, precise wing! I also love how the color doesn't fade or smudge and the little bottle lasts a LONNNNNNNNNG time. Here's a link:
http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P211901&shouldPaginate=true&categoryId=5905

Another great one is the Tokidoki perfetto eyeliner: http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P257104&categoryId=C22300 The formula is out of this world, but the drawback is that it's a felt tip, so it takes a few times to get a smooth line.

Wow so many of you are recommending the Rimmel eyeliner! I might have to look for that the next time i'm in the drug store.

D

Deleted member 12480

Hello ladies, rather than start a new thread, i thought i'd post in here.

I am a wearer of liquid eyeliner, but struggle to get it out from inbetween my eyelashes. Not so good for my appearance generally, or my blephyritis (or whatever it is called). I've used my cold cream, witch hazel (ouch), ordinary eye makeup remover and some oily products, but it doesn't get it all out because my eyes get very very sore and tender. I can't really give them a good scrub - the skin is just too delicate and i'm worried about damage i'm inflicting, particularly damage that will show up later in life.

sorry if this doesn't make sense, i'm feeling a little tired so i'm sure my grammar is terrible.
xx

ZombieGirl

One of the Regulars
Maybe dipping a make-up brush in a little make up remover would help. A bit more precise than the old cotton ball.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner