Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Favorite liquid eyeliner

Frenchy56

A-List Customer
The best liquid eyeliner I have ever, ever used is Loreal's Superliner. The regular black is great but the carbon black is amazing, very very dark and solid almost blue-black colour. The applicator is genius, it looks like a solid felt-tip one (which are good anyway), but is bendy. No pulling or dragging. I'm tempted to say it's foolproof. When I used to wear very heavy liquid liner this was my staple.

Recently I've been using 17 (from Boots if you're U.K.)'s brown felt tip liner. Brown liner always sounded like a weird concept to me but once I tried it I was hooked, it just looks softer than black yet more 'there' than pencil. I like this when I'm trying to go for a sparse 40s eye look. The colour is not too solid though. For a black liner, Collection 2000's felt-tip Extreme is great and cheap. Very solid, deep colour, great staying power and easy to apply. Would recommend this if the L'oreal is beyond your budget.

I also bought some gold glitter liner today (after reading in the article I posted that Marilyn used a very thin line of gold liner above her regular liner), and though it looks amazing I didn't think such a thing would be too popular here :D

C-dot

Call Me a Cab
I also bought some gold glitter liner today (after reading in the article I posted that Marilyn used a very thin line of gold liner above her regular liner), and though it looks amazing I didn't think such a thing would be too popular here :D

I love that trick, it makes my eye colour pop :) I had no idea that Marilyn used it too. I'll have to look very closely at her studio pictures.

I use the cheapest eyeliner possible these days since I discovered my lovely primer. The application is flawless, and the staying power is infinite, yet simple to wash off. Maybelline's Line Stiletto is my favourite these days, and the price is even better.

Last edited:

Frenchy56

A-List Customer
I love that trick, it makes my eye colour pop :) I had no idea that Marilyn used it too. I'll have to look very closely at her studio pictures.

Yes, I think it makes my blue eyes look great too! You can read the article in my post in the 'Beauty Secrets of the stars' thread, should be quite near the top. It seemed to imply she just used plain gold rather than glitter - not sure if such a produt would even have been around then - but I really fancied the glitter and I'm glad I went for it!

BTW I would so use an eyeshadow primer if there was a good one for under a fiver, but I doubt there is!

C-dot

Call Me a Cab
I was just going to post that C-dot :)
It's the best one I've used so far and I've tried quite a few of them.

I'm glad to know you use it Rue, you always look stunning!

Yes, I think it makes my blue eyes look great too! You can read the article in my post in the 'Beauty Secrets of the stars' thread, should be quite near the top. It seemed to imply she just used plain gold rather than glitter - not sure if such a produt would even have been around then - but I really fancied the glitter and I'm glad I went for it!

BTW I would so use an eyeshadow primer if there was a good one for under a fiver, but I doubt there is!

I use a plain gold too: MAC's Goldmine shadow. Does wonders for green-eyed monsters ;)

Primer's do run pricey... But you only need a little dab, and so far my bottle has lasted me 7 months, with a good year left to go. Even in bankruptcy, I'd be buying the stuff.

Also, I found the article, which is worth linking to again. Thanks for that!

rue

I'm glad to know you use it Rue, you always look stunning!

You are too sweet.... thank you :eek:
I use a lot of Maybeline or Lóreal at the moment. a felttip point is not my favorite I always look for a brush one

You're so lucky you can use those..... I've tried for years to use a brush and after awhile just gave up. I was thrilled when I found the felt tip, because I could finally draw a straight line.

Frenchy56

A-List Customer
Also, I found the article, which is worth linking to again. Thanks for that!

I had another look at it and I couldn't find the bit about gold liner, however, relevant googling does bring up some results, and I could have *sworn* I read it somewhere yesterday, and even saw a picture which I thought showed the gold liner quite clearly. Sorry for any potential misinformation!

PS. C-dot, the primer link you posted won't work for me, I can see in the address it's Too Faced, is it Shadow Insurance? If it is, would you say it'd be good for very oily eyelids?

Last edited:

C-dot

Call Me a Cab
PS. C-dot, the primer link you posted won't work for me, I can see in the address it's Too Faced, is it Shadow Insurance? If it is, would you say it'd be good for very oily eyelids?

Hmm, thats strange. Yes, it is Shadow Insurance, and yes, it works for all skin textures. I myself am prone to oily skin and eyelids, and its wonderful on me - I've used it on countless women and it never failed to git 'r done. :)

Frenchy56

A-List Customer
Hmm, thats strange. Yes, it is Shadow Insurance, and yes, it works for all skin textures. I myself am prone to oily skin and eyelids, and its wonderful on me - I've used it on countless women and it never failed to git 'r done. :)

Thanks a lot! I might invest, will let you know ;)

Antje

One Too Many
You are too sweet.... thank you :eek:

You're so lucky you can use those..... I've tried for years to use a brush and after awhile just gave up. I was thrilled when I found the felt tip, because I could finally draw a straight line.

I have problems with the felttip, I always seem to colour my lashes instead of my liner

Flicka

One Too Many
I use Precision Eyeliner from Face Stockholm. It's a bit pricey but I love it. Very easy to get the perfect line!

AdrianLvsRocky

One of the Regulars
I bought the Maybelline Eye Studio Lasting Drama Gel Liner about a year ago and I'm still impressed every time I put it on.

I never thought I could use a brush with gel liner as I'm a bit heavy handed and have never been able to apply that perfect jet black line I've always craved. But!!!! Miracle of miracles, it is not only the easiest liner I've ever applied, it's the most long lasting, pigmented colour too.

My husband is sick of me practically worshipping the little pot when I'm putting on my make-up but I seriously adore it. Would never use another liner now.

PinupsNPibbles

New in Town
I love Stila's liquid eyeliner! For a little extra flash, they have them with sparkles in it. And it's not crazy, over-the-top sparkles. It gives just a real nice shine. I love it. And it's really easy and simple to apply. :)

bellabella327

One of the Regulars
I really like the Kat Von D Tattoo liner, but have not been able to find it, so now I am liking the Sephora brand one. It is also a favorite of Doris Mayday (read awhile ago on her facebook page).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner