Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Favorite liquid eyeliner

Fancy Mouse

Familiar Face
deleteduser said:
Hello ladies, rather than start a new thread, i thought i'd post in here.

I am a wearer of liquid eyeliner, but struggle to get it out from inbetween my eyelashes. Not so good for my appearance generally, or my blephyritis (or whatever it is called). I've used my cold cream, witch hazel (ouch), ordinary eye makeup remover and some oily products, but it doesn't get it all out because my eyes get very very sore and tender. I can't really give them a good scrub - the skin is just too delicate and i'm worried about damage i'm inflicting, particularly damage that will show up later in life.

sorry if this doesn't make sense, i'm feeling a little tired so i'm sure my grammar is terrible.
xx

Annie, I've suffered from blepharitis before (although I currently have it under control), and on the recommendation of my optometrist I used to use Lid-Care. It was also the best eye makeup remover I have ever used. It doesn't sting, helps the blepharitis (although your optometrist/opthalmologist would know better than I would, of course!) and removes all the mascara and eyeliner that normal removers don't, especially if you make sure that you use the little cloths it comes with to apply it. For some reason they're more effective than normal cotton pads. [huh]

Puzzicato

One Too Many
Annie, I also find that soaking my cotton wool in the eyemakeup remover (I like the Clinique 2-phase one) and then holding it onto my eyelid for a couple of seconds to let the makeup soften before I wipe it off helps. Definitely avoid scrubbing at your eyes! And only use products that are designed to be used on the eye area - that means no witch hazel!

Miss Peach

One of the Regulars
I am so excited that you gals recommend Rimmel, something I can afford right now!!!!! I've strayed from liquid eyeliner for a few years but I want to get back into it...the rockabilly girl in me has suddenly come back (I usually go for the sweet 40s look) with a vengeance.

Does it come in a brownish color? My coloring can't take the dark black...

Jasmine Jolene

One of the Regulars
avon do a lovely solid eyeliner, and handily, they also sell a stiff angled brush to apply it. it does take longer to apply that liquid but it is a lot more even especially for those that don't have a steady hand!

sadly i have just gone on the website and it's not there so maybe it has been discontinued? it might still be available from a rep.

oh, and the staying power is FAB and it is a really true black

amygeorgina

New in Town
I use a Ruby and Millie i-writer which I have done for years, it's pretty good, lasts about 4 months, it needs a little clean off every now and then but it's pretty good.

As for remover, just to go back to Annie's question, I use a Clinique's Take The Day Off, it takes off everything and it's fairly mild, it's quite oily though, which I think is why it's so effective, but it even removes lipstick (especially LipFinity) really well. Another swear by that I couldn't ditch!

How does anyone get on with a solid eyeliner? My mum works for Clinique and have been meaning to try their solid one for a while, did someone say they use that one?

Puzzicato

One Too Many
amygeorgina said:
How does anyone get on with a solid eyeliner? My mum works for Clinique and have been meaning to try their solid one for a while, did someone say they use that one?

The brush-on creme liner, or do they do another one? I really like the brush-on creme liner and I LOVE the brush that comes with it! My favourite thing for flicky liner.

GoddessMama

One of the Regulars
Ok the ones I have tried are below. I have very sensative eyes and they water a lot.

Revlon® Colorstay™ Liquid Liner ~ Love this it stay put fairly well, even with my watery eyes and its cheap.

Urban Decay Liquid Liner~ Awful and wore off smudged and ran off my eyes by noon.

Maybelline Lasting Drama Eye Studio 24 hour Gel Eyeliner~ 24 hours my butt. I thought it was too dry to get the nice sharp lines I love and it wore off quickly.

Line Stiletto Ultimate Precision Liquid Eyeliner - I got this as a freebie with their mascara. While I wasn't impressed with the mascara, I love their liner. Its stays and stays, and the lines are perfect. This is my current go to liner, with my Revlon being second in line.

Smuterella

One Too Many
Miss sofia said:
OOh well done that woman, i have been looking for a solid eyeliner! I'll have to find our local rep and let you all know. x

I'm a big fan of the Benefit solid liner. I've had mine for about 4 years now and its still going (prob v unhygienic but I've never had any problems).

Jenniferose7

One of the Regulars
I use and swear by the gel liner that you can find on ebay. I got mine from a seller who offered free shipping so that was great since it came from China. I think the seller is celia-makeup. It may be similar to the one sold on Coastal Scents but I can't confirm that. But it's a great, potent liner that stays put. Other liquid liners just flake off my eyes.

I used to use the gel liner that Avon sells but I've found that the consistency varies too much from jar to jar. I did initially love it a lot and thought it was great liner. Also they can't seem to make up their minds over wether they want to keep it stock or not. It was available for a while, then put on clearance, then back in regaular stock, now it sounds like it's not available again.

One thing I will say, don't get the Mark gel liner by mistake. It flakes coming out of the container and the color payoff is terrible. You have to go over the line several times to get the depth you want.

Frenchy56

A-List Customer
I know this is quite an old thread but I just wanted to share this, for anyone in the U.K...

I just bought 17's soft felt tip liner in brown and it's really, really good. I gave up using black liquid eyeliner ages ago- always looks too harsh for the 40s and 50s looks I go for - and was getting frustrated with my brown eyeliner pencil fading when I applied it on my top lid. The 17 liner is a felt tip that's really dark brown- doesn't look *too* brown and odd with black mascara, but still looks a lot softer than black. It's literally like a felt tip, but with a fine point, so it'd be good if you struggle with conventional liner brushes but still want precision. It's 3.99 too :D

Oh, and it does. not. budge. until you remove it. I'm so pleased with it that I'm hoping it won't dry out in a week, or something :D

Last edited:

miserabelle

One of the Regulars
I really loved the Clinique one but I found that it dries up a little too quickly. I've switched to MAC's fluidline (ebay is a saviour price-wise) and I like it a lot better, it's much more well... fluid, it's really easy to put on, and the brush that it comes with is really, really good. You get a bit more of a transfer with this one, but that's easily fixed with powder, and it's a lot easier to take off at night! xx

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner