Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Favorite liquid eyeliner

pigeon toe

One Too Many
I'm on the hunt for a good black liquid (or maybe even cake!) eyeliner that stays put without needing to touch it up. I'm hoping for suggestions from brands I can get at Nordstrom's, as I got a gift card for my birthday.

Long-wearing is the most important factor to me, as the kind I have right now fades halfway through the day.

Helen Troy

A-List Customer
I use loose eyeshadow. I mix it with water, and apply with a thin makeup-brush. but you could just as well use a aquarell brush from the hobby store, they come in many different sizes and qualities, are cheap and good.

I use loose eyeshadow from Everydayminerals.com. They have one called "eyeliner" but all their loose shadows work well, as well as other brands. Another advantage is that you can get/mix whatever color you want, mix in glitter etc. I love it!

artful dodgette

One of the Regulars
Fleur De Guerre said:
I've been using a Rimmel one for almost 10 years. It's the best i've found and so cheap! Will look up the exact name though.

im a fan of the rimmel exaggerate liner, it stays on for ages, it's really black and its cheap too!

:eusa_clap

Fleur De Guerre

Call Me a Cab
artful dodgette said:
im a fan of the rimmel exaggerate liner, it stays on for ages, it's really black and its cheap too!

:eusa_clap

Ooh no, I can't get on with those thick, stubby brushes. I use the Professional one. It's personal preference though - an equal number of people seem to prefer long thin brushes as those who like thick felt-tippy ones!

Josephine

One Too Many
I saw a lady on LJ that uses Rimmel's Professional Liquid Liner (it's a matte black) and it looked great. Apparently you can get it at Wal-mart, even. I might have to brave the evil empire for that. :)

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
MAC.

Or you can take a product like Benefit's She Laq and use it to convert black eyeshadow into liquid liner using the type of brush that you prefer. I've had the best luck with this option!

Fleur De Guerre

Call Me a Cab
artful dodgette said:
i agree, i find the felt tip style applicators tough to get on with, so i use a fine brush and just dip it in the well. :)

I did that when I bought one to try and didn't like it - I dipped the old brush into the new pot. bit fiddly though.

I hear good stuff about the Smashbox liner and also Kryolan, but these are expensive and I have no complaints about the Rimmel so I'm yet to try them.

Lola Valentine

One of the Regulars
Lola Valentine said:
I really like Estee Lauder's Pure Colour Eyeliner. The brush is really good & the bottle is super cute.

Please everyone ignore what I said about this eyeliner. After just taking my dog out for a walk, and having him knock me into a stream, this eyeliner has proved itself to be only good when not around water. It most definately does not stay put. :(

epr25

Practically Family
Novella said:
Not at Nordstrom's, but my favorite is L'oreal Lineur Intense. Affordable, and unless you go for a swim it stays put.

I love this stuff. If you wear your eyeliner out to a point at the edges this one in my opinion is the best. I have never had any problems with it.

Clara Noir

Familiar Face
Rimmel has served me well for years too - and they made one of the most popular liquid eyeliners in the 1960s!

Best thing with them is, they're so cheap it's not too bad if you don't like it.

I use the exaggerate one, and it lasts me all day and into the next morning, but I do find more of it on my arm than my eyes overnight :rolleyes:

Blondie

Practically Family
I use Shiseido, its kind of like a sharpie, i love it ! Doesnt smudge, run, or move until i take it off. I have tried so many different eyeliners over the years but keep going back to that one.

pigeon toe

One Too Many
Thanks for the tips ladies! I spent all of my gift card on shoes today (I couldn't help it!), so I think I'll go to the drugstore tonight and maybe try the Rimmel eyeliner.

Rockapin-up

A-List Customer
Novella said:
Not at Nordstrom's, but my favorite is L'oreal Lineur Intense. Affordable, and unless you go for a swim it stays put.

I'm gonna have to agree with Novella. I absolutley love this liner, it goes on smooth and easy and stays put all day. It doesn't even melt into my creases of my eyes.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner