Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Favourite Scents

Madalene Laurae

New in Town
I wore a lavender and acacia from Bath and Bodyworks for a while but the sprayer stopped working so I have to get another bottle. I also have a bottle of Tea Rose. It reminds me of my mom.

nyx

One of the Regulars
I'm obsessed with white tea and ginger body spray, lotion, etc. from Bath and Body works. The only problem is that they only sell it twice a year during their semi-annual sales. So I have to stock up to make it last until the next one. It's got a light, clean, semi-exotic smell, but without the musk odor that most exotic scents have. Plus it's never too strong because it's a body spray rather than a perfume.

V

VargasBaby

I've always been partial to Jasmine and Vanilla. Though I went through a Green Tea phase for a while there too. Bath & Body works has a lovely light Jasmine and Vanilla in their "Sensual" body line.

I generally try to steet clear of heavy scents. I LOVE a good musk though for going out, but it's hard to find one that really fits my chemistry so I try to steer towards lighter ones.

I used to wear honeysuckle a lot on my teens.

nyx

One of the Regulars
I have a friend who loves heavy, sweet, musky scents, but for some reason it turns my nose off. [huh] I know they last longer and can be a very sensual scent, but I've always been drawn to light scents. The heaviest I've ever worn is straight sandalwood oil in my younger years.

V

VargasBaby

Oils...wow. I havent worn an oil in a good long while. I loved then when I did wear them, but eventaully was put off by how strong they were initially when applied. I loved that they lasted for so long though.

I have a tendency to 'eat up' scents, so normal perfumes generally dont last too long on me. Hence the J&V from B&B. I get the body lotion and it works nicely. Not too strong, but lasts a while.

I do enjoy Pleasures and Happy from time totime though for a little pick me up.

deelovely

Practically Family
I am a perfume freak!lol I must have about 20 different ones. My all time favorites though are Euphoria by Calvin Klein and Chanel Coco Mademoiselle! I get the most compliments on these as well!

ShrinkingViolet

A-List Customer
Fancy Mouse said:
I'm not sure how it smells, as I haven't got around to trying it yet (so many things to try) but Yardley has a perfume called April Violets that looks very pretty and is definitely vintage. They also seem to have some old ads on their webpage.

http://www.yardleylondon.co.uk/home.html

April Violets is lovely, very Victorian, floral and pretty. It only lasts for an hour or so, though. I mostly use it for spritzing on a handkerchief.
The BEST violet scent in my opinion is Borsari Violetta di Parma. It dates from 1870 but unfortunately the bottle they use now is totally unvintagey!

Inara

New in Town
favorite perfume

Chantilly, all the way. It's the only commercially-produced brand I wear, though I do like single-note fragrance oils on occasion.

I originally discovered it when my great-grandmother died (for some reason, I ended up with all of her perfume and cologne bottles).

deadpandiva

Call Me a Cab
I love all of the Escada spring scents. I love the latest by Cartier. I forget the name. Clarins has a really great clean smelling one that I love also.

nyx

One of the Regulars
deadpandiva said:
I love all of the Escada spring scents. I love the latest by Cartier. I forget the name. Clarins has a really great clean smelling one that I love also.

I love Escada's scents too. It's really the only "real" perfume I buy, since I usually just stick to the Bath and Body Works sprays

lyburnum

Practically Family
I love my L'Eau D'Issey by Issey Miyake. I've been using it about 2 years now and have never found anything I like quite as much.

Kittenwithawhip

New in Town
I buy one or two new perfumes a year, but I keep coming back to a variety of Amber Paste I bought at an arts fair years ago. I just bought a new bottle of it a month ago. The stuff lasts for years and never goes rancid. I tired a cheap version I found at whole foods and threw it out after two wearings because of it's bizarre chemical aftereffects. I'll stick to the real thing from now on.

I get a lot of comments on it because it's not something that you ever come across anywhere else, it doesn't smell like anything else. A romantic, spicy, woodsy, vanilla, creamy combination. That's the best I can do!

It reminds me of Irena's perfume, Lalage, in Cat People.

"It's hard to describe. It's not like flowers exactly. It's - it's like something warm and living."

"Irena's perfume, strong, sweet."

Fancy Mouse

Familiar Face
On a whim, I just bought a miniature of L'Air du Temps, and while the scent itself doesn't really strike me, the tiny bottle is gorgeous and looks great on my dressing table.

SarahLouise

Practically Family
I really like Coco Mademoiselle but I seem to smell it everywhere I go. Also at least two girls at work wear it so I'm reluctant to smell like everyone else!

pennycarrol

A-List Customer
My favourite perfume is L'Heure Bleue by Guerlain... I also love Rousse by Serge Lutens, Chanel n¬?5, L'Eau d'Issey by Issey Miyake......

Pinkie

New in Town
I always wear J'adore by Christian Dior and for very special occasions I wear Quelques Fleur by Houbigant. Dita Von Teese mentioned it in her book and I bought a small sample bottle to try it and I love it!!

CanadaDoll

Practically Family
Happy anniversary ITG!!!:eusa_clap

What does Delices smell like? I've heard about it, not that I need a new perfume;)

ITG

Call Me a Cab
It has a nice floral, fruitee scent. (I'm not into musky type perfumes.)

Some of my other favs are Poeme, Rapture, Princess by Vera Wang, White Gardenia(Elizabeth Taylor).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
usleathermart