Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fedora Lounge Edition {Everything Australian } Akubra Camp Draft 2 5/8s brim

Terry "The Hat"

Practically Family
I would never use modern day newsprint...that stuff runs when wet & wouldn't chance the ink staining the felt...

I've uses paper towels on all of my hats except for the Open Road 25 I bought on here that had the old paper in it. It would have stained a long time ago if it was going too. I know what you mean about the new stuff though.

Duper

Practically Family
Hi all. Sam has only received 3 of the special order hats so far. All 3 in the large noggin range. They did not come in one massive shipment to his store. For those of you who have received emails, congrats! You are way ahead of schedule. We look forward to you posting pics of your new additions.

,,,Mike

sandyg

New in Town
I'm the third lucky person! This is the first time it has been good to have a large melon. I'm thinking of a diamond bash because I already have a teardrop and a center dent in my other two Campdrafts.

DesertDan

One Too Many
Yep, let's see these beauties as soon as possible.
All my hats have a C crown but I have been wanting to try a diamond so I think the Akubra will get one.

Terry "The Hat"

Practically Family
I received my Biltmore Open Road yesterday and it is really sweet. The felt is soft and does not feel like a modern hat. The 7 5/8 fits me well and I'm glad I did not get the 7 1/2. As soon as I have time to get a nice bash worked up I'll post some pictures. Really worth the money.

Joshbru3

I'll Lock Up
I received my Biltmore Open Road yesterday and it is really sweet. The felt is soft and does not feel like a modern hat. The 7 5/8 fits me well and I'm glad I did not get the 7 1/2. As soon as I have time to get a nice bash worked up I'll post some pictures. Really worth the money.

That's great to hear, Terry! I would love to see some pics. Make sure to post them in the "Top Quality Biltmore" thread.

Terry "The Hat"

Practically Family
I will use Jimmy The Lid's Tutorial (which I listed a few posts above) to give this one a nice teardrop. I'm gonna practice ony old Weekender first but I'm confident that I can handle it.

Thunderball

One of the Regulars
Mine is sitting at the post office. I had a notice in my mailbox when I got home. I'll just go in late tomorrow so I can pick it up. The noticed said after 0800.

Thunderball

One of the Regulars
My camera is giving me fits! I did the best I could under the circumstances. These pictures are under flouresecent lights. Now I have to get it to fit my LONG oval head.
I have a minor issue, the left and right side of the crown have verticle creases? I suppose they can be steamed out. Is there any way to adjust the bow?
IMG_2342_zps6a452d21.jpg

IMG_2341_zps5f77b046.jpg

IMG_2340_zps72892e4f.jpg

IMG_2339_zpse7b14120.jpg

IMG_2338_zps23e4e44d.jpg

IMG_2337_zps01360ba1.jpg

IMG_2336_zps3fb796d9.jpg

IMG_2335_zpsf07902ee.jpg

IMG_2334_zps7f9cf09f.jpg

IMG_2333_zpsb98fc3f5.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads