Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fedora Lounge Edition {Everything Australian } Akubra Camp Draft 2 5/8s brim

tealseal

A-List Customer
First of all, I'd like to thank again everyone that made this special edition Campdraft possible. I like the look and feel of it, it certainly is a bulletproof hat.
However, it just doesn't work for me on my head :( so I've decided to sell it. I'll have it posted in the classifieds soon. It is my hope that someone will pick it up that will give it a home on a head, not just in a box.
I'm sad to let it go, but it makes me more sad to see an excellent hat sitting around getting no head time, when I'm sure someone out there will give it the proper love.

Harper

New in Town
I love mine. The backup one that I purchased ended up going to my 12-year old nephew. I think it may be the start of another hat person.

Harper

New in Town
I do have one question about the campdraft in general and this one in particular. Is the campdraft supposed to be a snap-brim? Mine seems to want to be a snap-brim but can't quite do it. I ended up having to treat it as though it were not a snap-brim. I have a Fed 4 that most definitely is a snap brim. Any comments?

Harper

New in Town
I find that interesting. Neither of the ones I got really did. They were really insistent on staying "up". My nephew finally gave up and decided he rather liked it up. I kept at it until the front brim stayed down. Unfortunately, it now won't go up. If it was just one hat, I wouldn't be quite so puzzled, but it was both.

Landman

One Too Many
Most all of my Campdrafts require a little steam for the front brim to stay down when they are new. After I wear them awhile the brim can easily be snapped up and down. However, mine usually stay down all the time.

On another topic, I really like this shorter brim version of the Campdraft. I wish Akubra would make this a standard option. I'd really like one in Silverbelly. I find that color to be the most versatile and can wear it with most anything. Maybe we could put together another special order for a Silverbelly?

aught12

One of the Regulars
I could never get my Imperial grade CD to snap down, no matter what I tried.

There were a couple issues with my FL Edition 2 5/8.

Not to be a party pooper, but the topic seems to have come up. I am glad most of ya are loving yours.

Soak it with distilled water in a sprayer & shape how you like it. Let it dry on your noggin.

Including the Fedora Lounge Special, I have 6 Campdrafts & no issues with any of them.
I've had & sold 3 others, a Bluegrass Green & 2 Silverbelly's = no issues except a liner seam coming unsewn.

Reactions: RBH

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner