Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fedora Lounge Edition {Everything Australian } Akubra Camp Draft 2 5/8s brim

J.B.

Practically Family
Transit times...

...from e-mail to hat-in-hand:

Alabama: 9 days
California: 14 days
Michigan: 22 days

samlark

New in Town
Canada Post is showing my hat is ready for pick up at my local post office. I'll post pictures as soon as I can!

Wow! That was fast. Did you happen to get the express shipping, or was it the regular airmail option?

Also, I don't know about the rest of you, but ever since my order shipped, the Australia Post and USPS websites haven't logged any progress updates. Has this been true for anyone else? I guess I'm just getting really anxious at this point!

-- Sammy

Walt

One of the Regulars
EA sent me an email on the 23 that it was shipped and Australia post says "Not trackable" and USPS shows something like "being prepared for shipment." [huh] I selected the standard shipping. Until at least 10 weekdays elapse I'm not going to worry.

samlark

New in Town
Yep, that's exactly what it says when I look on both websites. I just wanted to know if anyone else was seeing the same thing.

Thanks, Walt!

-- Sammy

J.B.

Practically Family
For me (Australia Post REGISTERED AIR MAIL) the sites are showing:

Australia Post - "Product not trackable"

USPS.com - "Origin Post is Preparing Shipment"

samlark

New in Town
For me (Australia Post REGISTERED AIR MAIL) the sites are showing:

Australia Post - "Product not trackable"

USPS.com - "Origin Post is Preparing Shipment"

I'm starting to feel better about this "apparent lack of progress." In the past, the USPS website has usually been pretty up to date on my orders, so I became nervous when nothing appeared after several days. It seems like a lot of us are in the same boat, though.

Thanks, J.B.

-- Sammy

Curly

New in Town
To find out what is tracked and reported by the Australian Postal Service, check the following page for your level of service: http://auspost.com.au/parcels-mail/our-tracking-service.html

In my case, the service was Express Courier International, which provides fairly complete tracking.

Once it hits US Customs, though, there is no tracking until it is output to the US Post Office. If it is Express in Australia, it will also be Express with the USPS. In my case, it took 10 days to clear Customs, during which there was no information.

You can also track via the USPS.com site.

ottawa_adam

One of the Regulars
As it turned out, I did select the Express option. It only took 5 days to get from Australia to my doorstep!

Luckily, it was only held by customs for two hours.

I attempted a teardrop bash last night, which still needs a little work. I absolutely adore the bluegrass colour and the quality of the felt.

Pictures are coming soon!

ottawa_adam

One of the Regulars
As it turned out, I did select the Express option. It only took 5 days to get from Australia to my doorstep!

Luckily, it was only held by customs for two hours.

I attempted a teardrop bash last night, which still needs a little work. I absolutely adore the bluegrass colour and the quality of the felt.

Pictures are coming soon!

Terry "The Hat"

Practically Family
I love the excitement of waiting for a new hat to arrive. I've been hunting for an Akubra Slouch in a 7 1/2 o 7 5/8 and have one located on the bay. I'll give it my best shot and maybe I'll have two Akubras in route. I already have a Camp Draft in Silverbelly (my first good fedora) and wear it often. I'm gonna go with a center dent on this one just to change things up. I keep checking this thread to see the arrival dates. Mine shipped a couple of days ago too and I'd love to have it by Friday but I went with Standard Shipping I believe.

Last edited:

ottawa_adam

One of the Regulars
Well here's a few photographs of my new FL CD. This is my first crack at a teardrop bash and I realize it needs some fine tuning still.

The pinch looks like it's not centred on my head but it is in fact the hat that is crooked. I didn't have a chance to look in the mirror before my colleague shot the pictures.

Enjoy!

DSC_0020_zps988228c8.jpg

DSC_0021_zps2b9458d7.jpg

DSC_0022_zps4d4bd085.jpg

DSC_0024_zps23c94b6b.jpg

DSC_0026_zpsdb9b8f3f.jpg

MCrider

A-List Customer
I was home for lunch today and the express man brought me my hat! I was notified on the 24th of Jan and received it 6 days later, although it seemed a lot longer! I love the beautiful coloring of course and the brim size is just right. Now I just have to work on how I want to shape it. Thinking of a teardrop. Will post pics when its done, but right now, I am one happy camper.

:D

memphislawyer

Practically Family
That color and brim looks great on you, but like mr. gean, i agree, a little more taper would look a bit better. the only bash that I have seen where I like the hat horizontal in the crown is a center dent

ottawa_adam

One of the Regulars
Thanks for the suggestions, gentlemen. Your ideas give me something to consider when I have a chance to tune up the form. I imagine it's going to take a few weeks until I'm completely satisfied.

So far, I've had many decent compliments.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24