Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fedora Lounge Rat pack

Marc Chevalier

Gone Home

Someone should write a book about the great American tailors and haberdashers, and soon -- before they're all dead.

Sy Devore was the Hollywood and Las Vegas tailor/haberdasher in the '50s. His more conservative Beverly Hills counterpart was Lou Tavelman. Anyone remember the Tavelman's store? Didn't think so.

reetpleat

Call Me a Cab
Well, especially since he has already weighed in, my nomination for the first member is the honorable senator from New York. Kind of a no brainer.

Matt Deckard

Man of Action
Marc Chevalier said:

Someone should write a book about the great American tailors and haberdashers, and soon -- before they're all dead.

Sy Devore was the Hollywood and Las Vegas tailor/haberdasher in the '50s. His more conservative Beverly Hills counterpart was Lou Tavelman. Anyone remember the Tavelman's store? Didn't think so.

Too random... needs it's own thread.

Matt Deckard

Man of Action
reetpleat said:
Well, especially since he has already weighed in, my nomination for the first member is the honorable senator from New York. Kind of a no brainer.

That drink driven Jack Lemon-esque (when he grumbles about the world today) man that dresses like a knife cutting through a city made of butter nomination would make the second nomination.

Paisley

I'll Lock Up
Marc Chevalier said:
Did it have anything to do with 9/11?

We need 3 more Rat Packers. Are there any black Jewish Fedora Loungers around here? Can they sing?

Harry Lime is in the Pratt Pack, I believe.

Foofoogal

Banned
I know there are no rat packers here as none of them know about the boutique that was at the Sahara in the 1960s. Called Maries or Marus. Surely the ladies were spending the dough while the guys were ....
My mission in life is to find out about that boutique.

Miss Neecerie

I'll Lock Up
Foofoogal said:
Surely the ladies were spending the dough while the guys were ....

Marc Chevalier said:
... spending.

Surely Marc, you know that this is not the correct answer to fill in the blank.

Its 'Surely the ladies were spending the dough while the guys were all too busy inspecting each others hats in the time honoured 'like dogs sniffing butts' type greeting process'

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails