Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fedora Lounge Rat pack

Marc Chevalier

Gone Home
Miss Neecerie said:
Surely Marc, you know that this is not the correct answer to fill in the blank.

Its 'Surely the ladies were spending the dough while the guys were all too busy inspecting each others hats in the time honoured 'like dogs sniffing butts' type greeting process'

... and completely ignoring our lady friends in the process. Yep! :eusa_doh:

Sy Devore was supposed to be a chapter in my, now, ill-fated, Jerry Lewis book. (You gotta talk to Jerry about it :( )

I did talk to them over there, though. They said they still have all the patterns for Jerry's suits as well as Nat King Cole, and everyone else. I'd kill to get my hands on them.

Regards,

Jack

Marc Chevalier

Gone Home
Senator Jack said:
Sy Devore was supposed to be a chapter in my, now, ill-fated, Jerry Lewis book. (You gotta talk to Jerry about it :( )

I did talk to them over there, though. They said they still have all the patterns for Jerry's suits as well as Nat King Cole, and everyone else. I'd kill to get my hands on them.

Regards,

Jack

Years ago, at a nothing-special estate sale, I stumbled across a 1951 Sy Devore suit custom made for Dean Martin. It was hanging in an old closet among a lot of polyester. A beautiful piece, and unusual for Dino -- it was a 3-piece double-breasted. I ended up selling it to a TV sitcom writer.

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
BinkieBaumont said:
David_Niven.jpg

"wasn't their another term for a pack of British ***** who spent WW II swanning around in California" whilst London Burned (mmmm ...RAT doesn't seem to fit)
Binkie, you could not be more off base! :eusa_doh: David Niven saw action as a Lt. Colonel in the British Commandos during WWII; And was a Sandhurst man, to boot.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails