Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FEDORAFEST III photos

RBH

Bartender
I believe one of these was Tom Deans.

fedorafestiii058.jpg

Neophyte

My Mail is Forwarded Here
In gray? Wow! I know the crowns aren't that high, but are they straight sided/no taper? If so, then there's interest.

They are quite tapered. They share the same block as a plethora of Stetson's offerings. It would be a stretch to call them Stratoliners at all...except for the frail plane pin.

Yep. As I understand it, they originally tried to introduce it to retailers as an open crown model, but no retailers would take it. Then they gave it Stetson's short, tapered crown and somehow that changed their opinion. [huh]
As I understand it, they discussed offering it as open crown with dealers as the original but did not get a positive reaction.

Jedwbpm

One Too Many
Had to search around to find this thread. It should be merged in with the Hatco tour sticky or listed in the important thread, thread. Any way are we going to get a full report on the Hatco tour? What did they say about the future and styles and quality and about us crazy fedora wearers? What did you learn that you think we would like to know about?

Jeff

The Wiser Hatter

I'll Lock Up
We will be having a Get together on March 8th and 9th at Mike's shop. I will be driving the Dane in from Nashville that morning and Anyone else that would like to show up can come in a visit Mike and Talk Hat's all day and then we will walk over and have dinner at Marlos. It will be a fun day.
Come on Down everyone and enjoy the hat talk. Might even get in on the hat making action with Mike showing us the ropes.

Josh%20pulling%20block%20on%20spining%20jig.jpg

Mike%20and%20Bill%20steam%202.jpg

buler

I'll Lock Up
Alan wanted to see the photos of our hat building at Buckaroo. Here ya go. There are probably more in other threads....

Now that I've reviewed this thread, there aren't many shots from Mike's place. I know there are a lot more somewhere.....

B

Last edited:
Alan wanted to see the photos of our hat building at Buckaroo. Here ya go. There are probably more in other threads....

Now that I've reviewed this thread, there aren't many shots from Mike's place. I know there are a lot more somewhere.....

B

Yes, LOTS more are here! Let's see if we can make this can happen, B.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nextstop1derland