Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fedorafest III Stratoliner from Stetson

Status
Not open for further replies.

RBH

Bartender
Thanks. So it would be safe to say then that the process of coming up with this hat involves a fair amount of work researching the actual dimensions of the original Stratoliner from existing vintage samples, getting the weight, stiffness, hand and color as close as possible to the original in spite of not having one in new condition and retooling the factory to actually produce them at an affordable price point in less than a year?

Tall order and hats off to those making this happen, both at Hatco and the FL.

As close as possible in going with a hat that 'looks' as close to the original Stratoliner.
Remember, the Stratoliner was just a renamed Open Road with a different brim flange.

majormoore

Vendor
I got some info yesterday from the plant asking if I wanted a open account or would I rather pay with my credit /debit card on each order. I asked a few more questions
1 what is my real cost on each hat? how many will come boxed in a master box? what are the min amounts per reorder? how long from order to a ship date?

At this time I know all are getting a little concerned about when the hat will come out for sale, I too am waiting on some more info about that. At least we know we got our concerns on a few small things fixed.

The Hatco plant does not have 1000 of workers, as it may have had a great many years ago, meaning things move thru much slower now. The plant really doesn't want to make this hat, because the run is way under it's normal business plan, but we have made good friends within the plant that have stepped up and informed the upper officers at Hatco, this is hat that the people want, not what the sales dept says they want. It is my hope we sale many 1000's of this hat, meaning in all colors as we move forward, but as we all know it takes alot of money.

If the wait is to much for some, then I have no problem with those few people buying something else, but this hat NO one is being asked to put any money up front on, the hat will be coming ASAP, we just have to wait.

Major Moore

The Wiser Hatter

I'll Lock Up
Major Moore thank you for your efforts I know this has not been an easy task on yours or on those at Stetson that are helping with this project. It is not easy for someone to tell
marketing that this is what people want. They think they know but really don't you would think they would see the dollars spent daily on eBay for vintage Open Roads and Strat's an realize the market opportunity. But they see the easy marketing of product today that does not demand a certain standard of quality as an easier sell. Let's hope that everyone here will help this be a success. Then Stetson may start to realize the gold mine they are sitting on with all the vintage hat designs from the past that people would love to buy today.

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
Senior members table in the Lounge. 2500 post and two year membership minimum, with at least an 80% on the new search proficiency test. :)

Oh, and no Akubra threads. In my mind, it's paradise.

Last edited:

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Senior members table in the Lounge. 2500 post and two year membership minimum, with at least an 80% on the new search proficiency test. :)

Well, I know how to use the search so maybe I'll apply for some kind of associate membership :D:D

Mr Lid's knowledge is missed, that's for sure. Is he OK?

seabass

Call Me a Cab
HELLO !
i just read all 40 pages..whew..... all i know is i dont buy new factory hats because they dont conform to my 7 1/4 LO. new factory hats seem like helmets or hard hats... but in this case & effort. !!! hats off !!! to the good folks here for this project. wow a new hat that will fit well & bash easy this is great ! i have a real strat & its great but i wear it so much im rough with it.....along with my other vintage originals.......
count me in ! 7 1/4 LO. waiting patiently should be worth the wait ! Thanks Major & FL Crew & HATCO for the project.
seabass:eusa_clap

seabass

Call Me a Cab
Hey, Bass, have you steamed a little around the appropriate places and then set the hat on your head? Might be worth a shot.

Do NOT steam the sweatband. Ever.

Tom
STEAM ! hardhats can blow up my Jiffy4000H,& watch out for the potato chip ripple...
forget the sweatband watch the fingers....
but seriously. this project is great. (old school) right out of the box.... soft & self conforming , bash it to your liking....
Thanks Again worth the wait !

So what happened to JtL?

There seem to be many missing voices since Fedorafest... JtL leaves a big hole. Such is the way with forums. Priorities shift and life gets in the way from time to time too. I'm thankful for the long time members who remain and share their knowledge and crazy obsession.

... even Lefty. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails