Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fedoras afield

TheDane

Call Me a Cab
What will she be doing now, Ole?

And I just priced a new set of Lindberg glasses, :eek: from your neighborhood.
Do you know anybody at the factory? :rolleyes:
I'm afraid I don't know the company - or anyone working there. I found their website, and their work looks super nice and well crafted. I'm looking forward to see a mugshot in new frames ;)

She scored top grades almost all the way (best sheet I've ever seen in person), so she fulfills the admission requirements for all DK university educations. If the result hasn't changed her mind, she will work towards a master in Math, followed by a bachelor in Biology. Mathematical modelling and optimization in the bio-field, as I understand it. Many things can change over 7-10 years of studies, though :)

Thank you, Roger :)

Alive'n'Amplified

Call Me a Cab
My company hosted a golf tournament at The Manor Golf & Country Club today. I was in charge of monitoring Hole 4, the $10,000 Hole In One contest. No one got it, the closest was 6 feet from the pin. I created my own little living room, complete with a tent, two fold up chairs, pillows, side table, cooler, lots of water, and a portable bar (it belonged to my wife's grandfather).

IMG_1311%202.jpg

IMG_1304.jpg

IMG_1313.jpg

I had a great perch with a terrific view. The temp wasn't that bad until around 11 AM. It started creeping up to the 90's. It was mid-90's by the time we wrapped up.

IMG_1301.jpg

I received LOTS of comments about the portable bar. I was making Manhattans. It was a hit! :)

IMG_1316.jpg

IMG_1307.jpg

Summer nights along the river in Funkytown. Every other Thursday means Big Band Night at the Pavilion.

Picture23.jpg

The Tom Daugherty Orchestra playing some 40s-50s tunes...
Picture24.jpg

Some dancin'...(and good to see quite the number of "Yutes" out on the dance floor, at times outnumbering the more mature dancers - some even in their teens)
Picture20.jpg

A nice sunset along the river...
Picture21.jpg

Mama duck and her seven ducklings...
Picture22.jpg

and a 60s Resistol Milan. Good times.

RJR

My company hosted a golf tournament at The Manor Golf & Country Club today. I was in charge of monitoring Hole 4, the $10,000 Hole In One contest. No one got it, the closest was 6 feet from the pin. I created my own little living room, complete with a tent, two fold up chairs, pillows, side table, cooler, lots of water, and a portable bar (it belonged to my wife's grandfather).

IMG_1311%202.jpg

IMG_1304.jpg

IMG_1313.jpg

I had a great perch with a terrific view. The temp wasn't that bad until around 11 AM. It started creeping up to the 90's. It was mid-90's by the time we wrapped up.

IMG_1301.jpg

I received LOTS of comments about the portable bar. I was making Manhattans. It was a hit! :)

IMG_1316.jpg

IMG_1307.jpg
Tough duty!;)

My company hosted a golf tournament at The Manor Golf & Country Club today. I was in charge of monitoring Hole 4, the $10,000 Hole In One contest. No one got it, the closest was 6 feet from the pin. I created my own little living room, complete with a tent, two fold up chairs, pillows, side table, cooler, lots of water, and a portable bar (it belonged to my wife's grandfather)....

IMG_1307.jpg
I live about 1/2 mile from The Manor North entrance...just across the county line where you can feel the taxes drop....

TheDane

Call Me a Cab
As always on July 7. my son and I celebrated our mutual birthday (and my late dad's) in the World's second oldest amusement park, The Tivoli Gardens, together with my daughter in law, grand children and my youngest daughter.

It's really a picturesque old park, but I'm afraid I enjoy being with my family so much, I tend to forget to record the sceneries. Anyway here's a few pics from this year:

WP_20160707_18_59_20_Selfie.jpg

WP_20160707_20_24_41_Pro.jpg

WP_20160707_20_31_43_Pro.jpg

WP_20160707_22_06_57_Pro.jpg

- now there's a tall full crown for ya, right there ;o)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
usleathermart