Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fedoras afield

Much of my summer was consumed with family joys - a wonderful, if somewhat expensive passing of time. Here just a couple of photos of a very happy couple and their older daughter on the 27th and then the 28th of August.

rehearsal.jpg

ceremony.jpg

Many thanks to Dobbs for providing both hats!

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Much of my summer was consumed with family joys - a wonderful, if somewhat expensive passing of time. Here just a couple of photos of a very happy couple and their older daughter on the 27th and then the 28th of August. Many thanks to Dobbs for providing both hats!

Congrats to you and your family. Thanks for sharing the special photos. Over the years you have shared occasional pics of your family. From a far neighborhood I have watched your daughters mature, head to college and you and your wife beam with pleasure. You should be proud sir.

It is amazing that Dobbs had the foresight to create such hats in advance that would accent a memorable event for you!

Best wishes, Eric -

Charlie, Esther, Manfred... thank you for the kind notes. I wanted to share this photo for Charlie. We had discussed the ritual of signing the ketubah (marriage contract) earlier in another thread. Present are the signers of the document... the bride and groom, the two witnesses, the rabbi... and in this case, the dad - to make sure there is no funny business. ;^)

ketubah_signing.jpg

... and a photographer.

Charlie, Esther, Manfred... thank you for the kind notes. I wanted to share this photo for Charlie. We had discussed the ritual of signing the ketubah (marriage contract) earlier in another thread. Present are the signers of the document... the bride and groom, the two witnesses, the rabbi... and in this case, the dad - to make sure there is no funny business. ;^)

View attachment 57394

... and a photographer.

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!! Well done, and thank you, Alan. Very, VERY nice setting. Beautiful people!

View attachment 57394

... and a photographer.

Ours was less formal. We signed it on one of the groomsman's backs. :eek:

EstherWeis

Vendor
Ours was less formal. We signed it on one of the groomsman's backs. :eek:

Hahaha!
You signed it so that's all that matters.

Well, our city hall was most unromantic and ugly hall. The guy who married us didn't really know how to pronounce my name and they had a little mishap with their volume on the stereo.
The wedding march was so loud our ears rang for 10 minutes afterwards...

RJR

Hahaha!
You signed it so that's all that matters.

Well, our city hall was most unromantic and ugly hall. The guy who married us didn't really know how to pronounce my name and they had a little mishap with their volume on the stereo.
The wedding march was so loud our ears rang for 10 minutes afterwards...
:eek: Several distinct memories,I'd guess.

...The guy who married us didn't really know how to pronounce my name...
At my mother-in-law's funeral in 1986 the priest referred to her by her last name throughout the entire service. As if that wasn't bad enough, about half-way through the service an elderly Hispanic woman entered the church through the doors on the left, made her way across the front of the nave (i.e., where the congregation sits during normal services), and when she discovered my mother-in-law's casket blocking her way she put her hand on it and used it to steady herself as she used the first step (that leads to the pulpit) to go around it, did the same thing to step down on the other side, then continued to exit through the doors on the right without ever showing even a hint that she knew there were other people in the church. o_O

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nextstop1derland