Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fedoras afield

TheDane

Call Me a Cab
In many ways it really was Jürgen Klinsmann's championship. He more or less "gave birth to" the winning team and their playing concepts back in 2004-06. He also presented the most competent and best playing US national team, I've seen playing. American soccer has really moved up the ladder the last 5-10 years, and I'm sure it's only a matter of a little luck, when we will see The US among the medal-takers. Of course, Manfred should be ecstatic (at least!) - but you Americans have very good reason to be proud, too ;)

Either afield or astray, my Panama Bob Cuenca work hat at camp. Note the careful positioning of my archaic cell phone on the window sill behind me. I get 90-95% reliability if the phone is ONLY in that exact spot. Like a flashback to my Mother's wall phone when I was a kid. Smart phones get very little, if any service there. Imagine how happy I am to let the younger folks use my phone right after they finish making fun of it; when they can't get a signal on theirs!

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
Sweet, Charlie!
I actually really enjoy the course cuenca weaves. And great color there.

Tricky to snap shots during a private party gig on lake Okoboji yesterday, but it was a pleasure to play some jazz for a guy who turned 80. Especially since our stage was their deck right over the dock.

Royal deluxe Open Road:

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1405602438489.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1405602438489.jpg
    107 KB · Views: 158

Chepstow

I'll Lock Up
They sure have! Congratulations Manfred :D

Thanks a lot , Ole and Michael, RJR and Joao. I am late, because my WLAN is not the best! I have seen the game in a nice Bar! Yeeahaaa!!
I am so sorry that Klinsmann with my American Friends was not in the Final round! They fight great.

Super hat's Charlie and Jeff!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

Cattus Petasatus

One of the Regulars
Fedoras "A-Bar"

OK, this time it is a fedora (Akubra Campdraft) however it's not afield but "a-bar."

Mrs. Petasatus and I went to Sons of Hermann Hall on Wednesday (www.sonsofhermann.com) for some swing dancing. They have lessons for $7 a person from 8-9, then it's open dancing from 9-midnight.

Sons of Hermann Hall is the oldest, wooden building, still in use in Dallas.

Sorry for the poor quality, cell-phone pics

Open Roads (and their kin) and Hawaiian shirts are both some of my favorites. Desert Dan and Cattus, you guys have found a couple of perfect occasions to wear 'em.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shiny hats