Feet Up! The Work Boot Thread

Discussion in 'General Attire & Accoutrements' started by Robert C, Feb 3, 2006.

1. StewartU

StewartU New in Town

BobHufford likes this.
  2. gdc

gdc One of the Regulars

My dad bought me a pair of these 45 years ago when I was 13 years old and I still remember how soft and comfortable they were. Would love to find another pair.

BobHufford likes this.
  3. Woodtroll

Woodtroll Practically Family

Here is a pair of Whites Smokejumpers in Red Dog oiltan work leather. Smooth uppers, roughout lowers. The first photo is of the boots a day old, the second is of the same boots at about eight months old after being worn several days a week in outside work. After several cleanings and greasings, the roughout is approaching more of a "waxed flesh" texture.

White's, in my opinion, has the best arch support that maintains itself through the life of the boots better than any of the other Pacific Northwest bootmakers. Several of those other makers still build very good boots, though! It just depends on what characteristics you're after...

IMG_1483.jpg

IMG_1758.jpg

4. ctdair

ctdair New in Town

Love My Whites Boots. I have the Roughneck. Basically Smoke Jumpers but with a steel toe. I never thought I needed arch supports but after wearing Whites all day at work My feet and back feel so much better.

5. AeroFan_07

AeroFan_07 My Mail is Forwarded Here

^^ this is why I keep wearing them daily :)

DaveProc and Woodtroll like this.
  6. Woodtroll

Woodtroll Practically Family

^^^Yeah, some jaybird in a recent thread posted a question supposedly asking about “work boots”, specifically White’s vs. Wescos, and I told him my experience with both. Then he proceeded to tell me that White’s aren’t even work boots and wanted to explain why my experience was not pertinent. I didn’t even read his last reply, expecting it to only tick me off further, but it was obvious to me that he wasn’t really interested in “work boots”. I’m glad some folks here still appreciate them.

7. Yahoody

Yahoody Practically Family

It is a cold, hard job.

P1010345.JPG

8. ctdair

ctdair New in Town

Took advantage of Whites discount offered for the Holiday shopping season. Ordered a pair of handsewn Roughnecks 1/4" raised heels, double midsole in black roughout all over.

davyjones007, dannyk and AeroFan_07 like this.
  9. DaveProc

DaveProc Call Me a Cab

Red Wing 8084s yesterday.
    20201117_070419.jpg

10. edmond

edmond Vendor

these arrived today custom wesco boss in HH and thinned out midsole and bubble toe without celastic!

Attached Files:

11. Turnip

Turnip One Too Many

White collar working boots...

[​IMG]

Got my oldest pair of blue collar boots down in the cellar, pic to follow...

12. Turnip

Turnip One Too Many

Blue collar S3 working boots...

[​IMG]

13. Short Balding Guy

Short Balding Guy I'll Lock Up

Home and working in the yard had me sport’n a pair of H.H.Brown boots. These boots were supplied to the Canadian Military. These date 1999 IRC.

[​IMG]

I have never owned a pair of boots like these. Solid. SOLID!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

For yard chores ending with a fire burning brush they were superb.

[​IMG]

Cheers. Best wishes, Eric -

14. Bfd70

Bfd70 Call Me a Cab

I really want to get back into a pair of moc toe but i have a lot of clams tied up in engineers right now and don’t get to wear those enough.

For work i need an all black shoe/ boot without embellishments. currently in Red Wing postman (some meetings today), mostly it’s been Blundstone for the past month. 1st pair. Very happy.

15. Turnip

Turnip One Too Many

These are the boots I usually wear to (office) work in spring, fall and mild winter conditions.

Town Boots with Dainite soles on the left for wet weather, Town Boots with leather soles on the right for dry conditions, Jarrow Marchers with Dainite soles in the middle for colder and dry conditions. Took the Jarrows a half size larger leaving enough room for thicker socks. For real cold and snowy some Red Wings and Lloyd’s, will make some pix next days.

[​IMG]

16. DaveProc

DaveProc Call Me a Cab

Very nice!

Turnip likes this.
  17. DaveProc

DaveProc Call Me a Cab

Just got my Red Wing ten year old 8111s back from Red Wing for their third pair of soles. Thrilled that they were able to do them in the original nitrile cork as it's been discontinued, in the US at least and it was on Black Friday so 25% off. I own 6 pair of Red Wings, these were my first pair and I have worn them 3/4 days a week for a decade. They are indestructible.

20201210_154622.jpg 20201210_154645.jpg 20201210_154632.jpg

johnnycanuck, Mercer, dh66 and 6 others like this.
  18. Turnip

Turnip One Too Many

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

johnnycanuck, Mercer, dh66 and 5 others like this.
  19. Turnip

Turnip One Too Many

RW2927

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

johnnycanuck, Mercer, dh66 and 5 others like this.
  20. johnnycanuck

johnnycanuck Call Me a Cab

Sweet! I have my pair that were brand new in 1999. Still going! They have gone from polished dress/office boots to yard work/labour boots a few times over. Starting to develop leather cracks at the mid bend point of the boots. A little concerned that when they go I will not be able to find this quality of work boots again. Give them hell and wear them in good health.
    Johnny

Short Balding Guy likes this.