Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Feet Up! The Work Boot Thread

GHT

I'll Lock Up
Where I work there's strict rules about safety wear. Whether you are the cleaner or the head honcho, you must wear a hi-viz vest, hard hat & toe protection boots when in the warehouse or yard area.

Both of my work boots are beginning to leak, over time the soles start to split. Both have given good service but in heavy rain I'm getting wet socks. It seems that Santa heard of my predicament, I haven't worn these yet, maybe I should have, I find boots more comfortable once worn in a little. I just happened to mention that I was searching for two-tone boots, and................
work boot.1.jpg work boot.2.jpg work boot.3.jpg work boot.jpg

johnnycanuck

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Not real work boots but boots just the same. My brand new Christmas present. New Dr Marten boots on their first outing. A lot more comfortable and better traction on snow and ice then I expected.
8EC0BADE-310C-4507-B2DA-C2A7594CD5D4.jpeg

9C9673E6-3E0C-4781-8069-7E53AB0F20EC.jpeg

Paired with my standard Costco wool socks.
Stay safe everyone
Johnny

Turnip

And don’t let that read the guys from England. These were at least as working boots as (probably even more than) any of those Fancy-500,-€-Lace collar-working-boots around today and not 200 years ago.

;)

Cheers

Turnip

Last edited:

johnnycanuck

And don’t let that read the guys from England. These were at least as working boots as (probably even more than) any of those Fancy-500,-€-Lace collar-working-boots around today and not 200 years ago.

;)

Cheers

Turnip
As a Canadian it’s been drilled into my head all my working life that a boot isn’t a work boot unless it has the green CSA patch on it.
264C2198-84DA-4035-8D0D-6063E7BFBDAB.jpeg

5D842CEE-B75A-41F0-B3E0-9368E27FF841.jpeg

These are Canadian work boots. Everything else is casual wear.
Johnny

Woodtroll

One Too Many
New Whites arrived today, wife opened and sent pictures.
Waiting to get home from work and try on.

I have owned boots by most of the Pacific Northwest makers over the years, and all are very good in their own right, but White's are my favorites. That 10" height and roughout leather will make a fantastic work boot! You've made an investment that should serve you well for years.

Was your wife trying to tease you or torture you by sending that photo??? ;)

ctdair

New in Town
I have owned boots by most of the Pacific Northwest makers over the years, and all are very good in their own right, but White's are my favorites. That 10" height and roughout leather will make a fantastic work boot! You've made an investment that should serve you well for years.

She knows I’ve been waiting for these so just sending pictures to let me know they’ve arrived. Wearing my first pair of Whites at work now.

I started out with Danners and never went any further. But their basic last fits me like custom and never bothered branching out. I am a creature of habit

ctdair

New in Town
222D711A-D40F-4D06-83F3-5342CC1F5B10.jpeg
Time for new laces on my first pair of Whites boots. I seldom
break the laces but rather the aglets come off and the lace frays. A search of the internet gave me this idea. Buy brass ferrules at the hardware store and crimp on the ends of the laces. So far so good.

20210211_165908.jpg

Up on my porch in a pair of fresh out the box Red Wings. These are an 8856, basically the 875 in oxblood. Close to 40 years ago now, when I got my first job, my dad carried me to the K-mart and bought me a pair of burgundy colored moc toe Texas Steer work boots with a white crepe sole. I was scouting some new 877s for work, but when I saw these the nostalgia got hold of me.

Last edited:
View attachment 309232
Up on my porch in a pair of fresh out the box Red Wings. These are an 8856, basically the 875 in oxblood. Close to 40 years ago now, when I got my first job, my dad carried me to the K-mart and bought me a pair of burgundy colored moc toe Texas Steer work boots with a white crepe sole. I was scouting some new 877s for work, but when I saw these the nostalgia got hold of me.

Good looking pair, Cuz and some comfortable boots. A fine reason to pick that style as well. Enjoy that sole in the condition it’s in now. You’re line of work, I’m wondering how long it will stay that clean.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zonko