Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Felt Fedora Hat Makers

Some Random Bloke

New in Town
Newbie here saving for my first quality hat in over 20 years (long story for another thread). I was wondering if there was a list of the major, and not so major, felt fedora hat makers out there? The main ones like Akubra and Stetson, not so well known like Sterkowski, bespoke hat makers who supply worldwide. Partly curious, partly want to know my options.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

jlee562

I'll Lock Up
You know, I don't think we have just one list. However, we have a ton of threads dedicated to specific makers if you poke around.

Off the top of my head?

Production makers
Hatco (Stetson, Resistol, Dobbs), Akubra, Borsalino, Guerra, Christy's, Tonak.

Private Label & Custom makers:
Lock & Co., Bates, Worth & Worth/Porkpie Hatters, Baron, Optimo, Vintage Silhouettes by Art Fawcett, Penman Hats, Black Sheep Hat Works, Tumwater Hats, Falcon Park Hattery, Paul's Hat Works

I'm sure I missed a few.

KingAndrew

A-List Customer
There is also a thread that is a list of US hat stores, many of which offer their own line of hats.

A couple of other custom options I can think of to add to Jared's very good list: Brass Rooster, Buckaroo, and The Custom Hatter AKA Gary White.

Reactions: DRB

ManofKent

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Uk wise I think Christy's are the only significant felt hat maker - Bates and Lock & Co. are hat shops - they don't make hats. Most of the fur-felt hats sold under various names in the UK are rebadged Tonak.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran