Practically Family
Greg has started on my jacket

8D5EC391-AB5D-4CBA-987C-1CCED538C6F5.jpeg
90AE3816-6A0A-43A8-ADC1-64D68E7CAF10.jpeg
AD79F3B4-F094-4752-8ADA-4E39BF83FAB6.jpeg
80D138F8-D5F1-48D0-83EB-9B67DDC5E0F2.jpeg

Moontanning

One of the Regulars
I'm not sure whether or not Greg is going to add this natural Tochigi leather to his regular offering, but I think he should.

This is what it looks like after 12 hours of sun exposure. Not only did it develop a nice orange shade, there's also some grain popping along the folded edge.

View attachment 339561

That's a beautiful color. How does this end up looking on a jacket when not all areas will receive similar amounts of sun exposure over time? For example, under the arms or around/under the collar area. Do you get a two-tone effect or does it end up blending out?

Jin431

Call Me a Cab
I had been planning on a black jacket but this is pretty intriguing. Still plenty of time before it's my turn though.
A natural unfinished hide will look stunning after extended wear and exposure to the elements especially if you don't have a lot of jackets to rotate. Keep in mind that details such as epaulettes/shoulder gussets/full action backs/belt loops/attached belt will have a lighter uneven tanning due to lesser exposure to sunlight.

Jin431

Call Me a Cab
I am hoping he brings in the black version of this leather, there's an olive that's pretty cool too.
If you request for it, he just might agree to make a one off piece for you since Greg might be interested to work with other leather aside from shinki/Badalassi. Although you may need to pay a little extra for it since he won't buy the leather in bulk,