Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Field Leathers

But I was always supposed to be this guy! :(

1280px-Palawan_Water_Monitor_Lizard_on_The_Beach.jpg

I had a Nile when I was a kid. Worked with him until he was tame as a dog. About 5 feet when he got sick on me and passed. He would lay down next to me and sleep.
Cool dude. I’ve also had large Tegus. And a small Tegu that would chill in my ballcap as I wore it and went about my day. No one had a clue he was up in there.

I had a Nile when I was a kid. Worked with him until he was tame as a dog. About 5 feet when he got sick on me and passed. He would lay down next to me and sleep.
Cool dude. I’ve also had large Tegus. And a small Tegu that would chill in my ballcap as I wore it and went about my day. No one had a clue he was up in there.

Just watched a video on how Tegu rates as a pet and there's great comment underneath; "Tegus are Dog Software running on Lizard hardware". I always loved lizards but never owned one, except what I caught outside and I'd release those the same day. They're beautiful, beautiful creatures. Never cared much for those glorified frogs people sadly make boots out of but lizards are pure class. Dragons indeed.

Just watched a video on how Tegu rates as a pet and there's great comment underneath; "Tegus are Dog Software running on Lizard hardware". I always loved lizards but never owned one, except what I caught outside and I'd release those the same day. They're beautiful, beautiful creatures. Never cared much for those glorified frogs people sadly make boots out of but lizards are pure class. Dragons indeed.

Tegus can be docile but ya have to work with them, handle them everyday. They can be like monitors, aggressive. When you work with them, at some point it kicks in that you are their bud and they can hang around the house. Chilling. Almost potty train them too. Walk them on a leash even. Just have to work with them, every day. No time off. Obviously captive bred is better. If you like lizards, they are cool.

I had a blue iguana (like Greens but bluish) that took time to train but was amazing. He would sleep in my closet hanging from a hangar. Like he was doing pull ups. He would also wake me up every morning by hitting his tail on the large cage. I’d open the lid and he would crawl out and hang out for the day. Whenever he was hungry or tired he would just return to his cage. He’d also sleep on my bed sometimes lol. He never bit me. Ever. Just didn’t like to be handled at first. Can’t say that about the monitors or Tegu. The iguana would only go to bathroom in his huge water container too. Would walk back to his cage, go, and then head back out around the house.

Tom71

Call Me a Cab
Supply and demand.

I understand the upcharge on design changes. This seems to have gotten a bit out of hand.

Greg is now supported by his sister in law. About time for another pair of hands, I dare say!

Specs on my third FL have just been agreed as of yesterday. Don´t know what I was thinking when I made the order back in February, but now I am excited all over again.

Tegus can be docile but ya have to work with them, handle them everyday. They can be like monitors, aggressive. When you work with them, at some point it kicks in that you are their bud and they can hang around the house. Chilling. Almost potty train them too. Walk them on a leash even. Just have to work with them, every day. No time off. Obviously captive bred is better. If you like lizards, they are cool.

I had a blue iguana (like Greens but bluish) that took time to train but was amazing. He would sleep in my closet hanging from a hangar. Like he was doing pull ups. He would also wake me up every morning by hitting his tail on the large cage. I’d open the lid and he would crawl out and hang out for the day. Whenever he was hungry or tired he would just return to his cage. He’d also sleep on my bed sometimes lol. He never bit me. Ever. Just didn’t like to be handled at first. Can’t say that about the monitors or Tegu. The iguana would only go to bathroom in his huge water container too. Would walk back to his cage, go, and then head back out around the house.

Loool, mental image of that cool guy slamming his tail on the cage seriously made me laugh. Must've been awesome having them around. I see online people taking them out on a harness.

What about the tail? Did any of yours drop their tails? I hear that can be quite unnerving as it might appear like a huge chunk of themselves they've left behind, even though it's not a big deal for them. I read some complaints about the replacement tail not being of the same quality but that wouldn't concern me in the least bit.

Just posted on Instagram stories:
View attachment 370417

I should've placed an order back then... Darn.

Loool, mental image of that cool guy slamming his tail on the cage seriously made me laugh. Must've been awesome having them around. I see online people taking them out on a harness.

What about the tail? Did any of yours drop their tails? I hear that can be quite unnerving as it might appear like a huge chunk of themselves they've left behind, even though it's not a big deal for them. I read some complaints about the replacement tail not being of the same quality but that wouldn't concern me in the least bit.

I should've placed an order back then... Darn.

Iguanas can drop their tails. Mine never had a reason but they don’t grow back as nice and as long. Monitors do not drop them but if they lose them, I don’t think they grow back. I wouldn’t mind. Just a lizard that’s been through some stuff.

Pandemic

One Too Many
that's still a pretty good base price for what he offers and makes sense with charging for pattern changes but the wait time is getting longer and longer.

Exactly. It’s still a very competitive price for an exceptional product. But for those of us who were spoiled with the earlier cheaper prices and shorter wait times, it still stings a little.

Jin431

Call Me a Cab
Exactly. It’s still a very competitive price for an exceptional product. But for those of us who were spoiled with the earlier cheaper prices and shorter wait times, it still stings a little.
it sure is and we all know that wait time will just keep on getting extended lol although I'm very happy that they seem to be thriving and have a better work place now.

TooManyHatsOnlyOneHead

Call Me a Cab
Supply and demand.

I understand the upcharge on design changes. This seems to have gotten a bit out of hand.

Greg is now supported by his sister in law. About time for another pair of hands, I dare say!

Specs on my third FL have just been agreed as of yesterday. Don´t know what I was thinking when I made the order back in February, but now I am excited all over again.
That's great if he's getting to it now. Less than 12 months if you ordered in February. I've got a solid 10-11 months to go LOL. It seemed like a batch of 3 or 4 jackets went out recently. I'm guessing he does about 8-10 per month. Always curious what order number he's on now though LOL.

TooManyHatsOnlyOneHead

Call Me a Cab
I pinged him today because I had ordered a handful of weeks back but still hadn't been invoiced. He said he was backed up and would send over soon, but not to worry in any case. Obviously those who formally put in an order via the website, received confirmation, order #, etc. are fine. I think this is for new business after the said date.

Brandrea33

One Too Many
I remember @dudewuttheheck @Brandrea33 placed an order earlier in the year so their turn should also be up for production soon. @Marc mndt also has a bunch of pending orders. Hope to see other members FL jacket soon.

I spoke to Greg yesterday and should have my fit jacket shipping Oct 29th and leather jacket approx Nov 30th. I think my order was placed back in April or so.

He is such a great guy to work with:)

Love your jackets by the way, you have an awesome collection!

marker2037

Practically Family
I have realized I have never posted my jacket here. It’s finally nearing the end of the extreme heat here so I can get back into my jackets.

Manhattan/modified J-24 with Leathertogs sleeves in Shinki teacore, brass hardware, Auld Locharron lining.

F9C3C559-5D6D-4D18-A200-2098BEED6DCF.jpeg
C848AAB2-974C-49C5-9504-A995A6F4C74E.jpeg
E788063B-C180-4E9D-ABF8-05C873C87ADB.jpeg

F2206A90-7FD9-4EB6-9688-2D3D7B36BEEA.jpeg

I think Greg nailed all the details I wanted and the fit is on point. I couldn’t have asked for a better jacket.

Last edited:

Brandrea33

One Too Many
I have realized I have never posted my jacket here. It’s finally nearing the end of the extreme heat here so I can get back into my jackets.

Manhattan/modified J-24 with Leathertogs sleeves in Shinki teacore, brass hardware, Auld Locharron lining.

View attachment 373364 View attachment 373365 View attachment 373366
View attachment 373367

I think k Greg nailed all the details I wanted and the fit is on point. I couldn’t have asked for a better jacket.

Beautiful jacket and fit! Could I see more pictures of the lining … I’m looking to do something more interesting than the red viscose I’ve selected …

Thank you in advance.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ