Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Field Leathers

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
So that’s how they get the “) (“ shape into the jacket without the cinches. I always thought it was those side gussets but apparent just the back panel…

IMG_0195.jpeg

IMG_6420.jpeg

IMG_6421.jpeg

IMG_6422.jpeg

And the slimmer back panel (bigger side gusset panels) gives the overall slimmer look and still wearable…. I learn something new everyday…

Observe

One Too Many
So that’s how they get the “) (“ shape into the jacket without the cinches. I always thought it was those side gussets but apparent just the back panel…

View attachment 519667
View attachment 519668
View attachment 519669
View attachment 519672

And the slimmer back panel (bigger side gusset panels) gives the overall slimmer look and still wearable…. I learn something new everyday…
Seems so simple in theory but as we all know the proper execution of a pattern is difficult, and impressive once achieved.

Damon141

Practically Family
Badalassi Nappa and Nappa Lux. Great feeling steerhide, definitely thicker than the Steerhide on my current jacket, but the grain pattern looks similar which I like.
Not sure if the heavier weight is a good thing or not but I’ll post a picture showing how much later.

Definitely going Lux on one
IMG_3920.jpeg
IMG_3919.jpeg
IMG_3918.jpeg
IMG_3917.jpeg
IMG_3916.jpeg
IMG_3915.jpeg
IMG_3921.jpeg
IMG_3922.jpeg

navetsea

I'll Lock Up

View attachment 519667
View attachment 519668
View attachment 519669
View attachment 519672

its always like that in pattern, and also if you do paper craft (making aeroplane by glueing panels of flat paper for example) that's how curved 3d shaped objects are made by connecting sides of panels with the same length but differently curved

Graemsay

Practically Family
Is he only doing black right now? Browns? or the Natural one?
I believe that he's getting in several shades of brown, along with bone, which Sam confirmed is a natural / undyed hide. I didn't ask about other shades of brown.

However, in an Instagram story, Greg mentioned that Badalassi offer sample packs, which contain enough leather to make up one or two jackets. From what he said, it sounded as though customers would be able to pick any colour, but Sam didn't think that this would be the case.

If he does open up all the colours, I'm tempted by Pugna, which is a deep purple, and R. Antico, which is faded red or pink that buffs up to a brick red. (See the third photo in the link.)

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
I believe that he's getting in several shades of brown, along with bone, which Sam confirmed is a natural / undyed hide. I didn't ask about other shades of brown.

However, in an Instagram story, Greg mentioned that Badalassi offer sample packs, which contain enough leather to make up one or two jackets. From what he said, it sounded as though customers would be able to pick any colour, but Sam didn't think that this would be the case.

If he does open up all the colours, I'm tempted by Pugna, which is a deep purple, and R. Antico, which is faded red or pink that buffs up to a brick red. (See the third photo in the link.)
Bone Badalsssi is what I was most interested in... ugh... Maybe just one more...

Daniel Veit

One of the Regulars
Bone Badalsssi is what I was most interested in... ugh... Maybe just one more...
I am considering either a dark brown tobacco or bone for my upcoming FL.
Has anyone a recommendation for a dark, rich brown badalassi or experience with the bone badalassi?
Photos are appreciated as always.

mvilla

A-List Customer
Has anyone a recommendation for a dark, rich brown badalassi or experience with the bone badalassi?
I have a jacket in Nappa Lux Tobacco. I've worn it for about 2 weeks before it got too warm to wear a leather jacket. It's not that dark, but I think it'll darken a little (the swatch I got before deciding darkened quite a bit after me playing with it for a few days). It is very rich, though. Perhaps Chestnut is what your looking for.
20230603_174221.jpg
20230603_174203.jpg
20230529_140147.jpg
20230529_140204.jpg
20230511_191126~3.jpg

Daniel Veit

One of the Regulars
That's not dark at all! That really helped a lot.
Do you think chestnut would be dark brown, without too much of a red tint? (I have a aero phwmn in russet vincenza, so I don't want something too close in colour.)

mvilla

A-List Customer
That's not dark at all! That really helped a lot.
Do you think chestnut would be dark brown, without too much of a red tint? (I have a aero phwmn in russet vincenza, so I don't want something too close in colour.)
Yeah, chestnut is a true dark brown (think chocolate 80% cocoa). I got swatches of them both, and decided for the Tobacco because I wanted something far from black. Chestnut in low light conditions look black to me. @Canuck Panda has a jacket on this leather, I believe

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
Tobacco is a reddish brown. Starts medium darkness but can get darker as it patinas.
Chestnut is almost like seal brown, no red. The first batch Aero had was in the same darkness as the Tobacco brown, but the current Chestnut is darker. Not sure what Greg is getting.

Graemsay mentioned that other colors are available through the sample packs, check about his posts above. I would go with a color that is not offered by Aero at the moment, to get the most out of it. Japanese brands like Mushman is doing the grey, prunga (cordovan), and that blue.

I was thinking of a natural / bone one. Simply because it has the most potential for patina. And it pairs well with most denim / trousers. Badalassi should give the best clean hide for that purpose. This is where I think the bone Badalassi could really shine.

There is a black Badalassi jacket on his Intagram story now. Grains looks really nice. Very Badalassi.

hjv2

Familiar Face
New Model from Gregs IG. Kinda Mulholland-PHWM-Hybrid in Badalassi. I like it.
Very clean jacket. I like it quite a lot actually. Good proportions on the pattern, no pointy shoulders. Nothing too original but I think it's a good alternative to these said models and great addition to Greg's lineup.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana