Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Finally, a hat that suits my face correctly.

Steve

Practically Family
I recently purchased a vintage (50s) Mallory Chicago from Jimmy Pierce, and I've been wearing it fairly often, though at first I had certain reservations about the brim width. However, after seeing this photo from last weekend, I'm convinced that it's the most complimentary hat I own.

I don't post much about my hats, but this made me really happy and I wanted to share. :D

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
I'm not sure how to break this to you gently Steve...

But you're giving ol' Blue Eyes a run for his money in that fine tile of yours! Looking very sharp sir :eusa_clap

Some things are worth taking their time over aren't they...and then...you hit it right on the nail!!

Hemingway Jones

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Excellent hat, Steve. It suits you well. :)

You could also go with a bit more brim as well, as you have with some of your other hats. Different hats for different moods. ;)

BonnieJean

Practically Family
Nice hat!

While I don't know all the technicalities about fedoras, I do know when a man looks good in them. Steve you look sharp! I'll bet the ladies will be falling over each other to get a gander at you!

Stoney

Practically Family
Steve,

Thats exactly the look I like the best! I have a Borsalino which has an identical Crown profile and brim width/style and I love it. It's the one, being worn by my Grand Nephew, in my avatar.

Enjoy:)

:eek:fftopic:

BTW I took another look under the sweatband of said Borsalino and found an original price tag of $20.00 from Jack Fox and Sons of Hammond Indiana. Does anyone have any idea when a Borsalino San Remo sold new for $20.00?

Mojave Jack

One Too Many
Steve, great lid! I know there's some contention about bound edges, but I think they look great no matter what. That is a perfect example. Lookin' sharp, my friend!

A question, though: how many pianos can you play at a time?! Man, that's a lot of pianos! ;)

Steve

Practically Family
Thank you all for the compliments! I'm loving this hat more than ever now that I've had some third parties reinforce my opinion of it. :eusa_clap

PADDY - That was probably the best compliment I received all day; thanks. You had me singing a Sinatra medley for the rest of the afternoon. ;)

DOUGLAS - He has some great deals, I bought this one and had it sized up from a 7 1/4 to a 7 1/2 for a total of $80 flat.

Hemingway - I go with a wider brim when I'm outdoors, but for indoor / semi-formal I like it shorter.

BonnieJean - I'm lucky if they know I'm in the room, so I hope you're right. :p

Mojave Jack - I wish I could play just one at once, LOL. I was photographing my sister's piano/voice recital that night, lugging around both my DSLR and my mom's camcorder, and two tripods. The pianos you see behind me are about $300,000 worth of Steinway grands. :whistling

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR