Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Finally my AERO A2 is home

Edgar Laurel

One of the Regulars
4JsnmL1.jpg

NeS7wDx.jpg

El Marro

My Mail is Forwarded Here
A patch pocket on the inside is a brilliant idea! One of my only complaints about the authentic A-2 is the lack of any inside pocket for my reading glasses. Beautiful jacket!

Reactions: A-1

Edgar Laurel

One of the Regulars
I didn't know Aero would do this. Could you elaborate on this? And how close did the jacket match your request?

Aero are open to any degree of customisation as long as it does not mess the pattern or affects the quality of the final product. Just contact and make your questions, if something can be done they will do it for sure. The jacket fits like a glove and they even included an inside patch pocketper my request. I'll post some pics of it later.

Edgar Laurel

One of the Regulars
Nice jacket man. What do you think of the jerky hide? How does it compare to other hides?

I've been absolutely drowned in paperwork and burning my brain cells at the office so not much time as I wished to analyze and compare (it was bad luck that the jacket arrived the day after the end of my vacation period of two weeks).
But I can tell you this hide is definitely midweight, it requires almost no break in but looks as stout and durables as any other horse hide. The jerky hide surely shows more of the grain when compared to FQHH. I can see it developing in something with a lot of character as it ages.

Reactions: A-1

Edgar Laurel

One of the Regulars
A patch pocket on the inside is a brilliant idea! One of my only complaints about the authentic A-2 is the lack of any inside pocket for my reading glasses. Beautiful jacket!
Those were my thoughts, I needed that extra pocket for my pens and at least to carry the business cell phone. So I thought "asking is no crime", Aero said they could do it and an A2 jacket with an inside pocket was made.

Harris HTM

One Too Many
Those were my thoughts, I needed that extra pocket for my pens and at least to carry the business cell phone. So I thought "asking is no crime", Aero said they could do it and an A2 jacket with an inside pocket was made.
could you please add a photo of the pocket? Sounds a really interesting idea.

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
Congratulations on a fantastic acquisition. My Aero Bronco A-2 is made from russet jerky HH and had a fantastic look, feel, and drape even before I received it from another lounge member who had bought the A-2 4-5 years earlier.

Edgar Laurel

One of the Regulars
qzJ8Yxq.jpg

I just can't get enough of this jacket.
Since the weather has cooled down I've been wearing it quite often. Great jacket, great hide.
An absolute winner

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou