Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Finds and Deals - Leather Jacket Edition

dudewuttheheck

I'll Lock Up
The 613US also does not work for me. For me, it is the waist. I have a size 36 1928H that was a right tight fit for me but I was barely able to zip a size 38 613US (or the limited Rosie I can't remember which). It reminds me of the Levi's 70505 old pattern, the extra long sleeves and tiny waist. A pattern that some people like me has to wear a certain way like for example the 70505- roll the sleeves and leave the bottom one undone and only do up the 3rd and 4th buttons. Then I tried a size 36 641 and it looks huge. A fd who is thinner and shorter than me looks quite alright in his size 36 613 Rosie though.
The waist isn't the issue. It's the chest.
But yeah, the sleeves are way too long. Body is too.

Bluechel

Practically Family
Nice jacket but not a Cal.
Is it an Al’s or what’s your guess? It’ll have YKK zips too then…plus you’ll see extra stitches forming a triangle making line underneath the collar out at the tips…(sorry for the bad description)…

Nacho

Practically Family
Is it an Al’s or what’s your guess? It’ll have YKK zips too then…plus you’ll see extra stitches forming a triangle making line underneath the collar out at the tips…(sorry for the bad description)…
Are you referring to this?

IMG_5191.jpeg

Marc mndt

I'll Lock Up
The patterns still are too long and too skinny in the chest. They look atrocious on me especially.
I agree, those jackets do not look good on you. Mainly because of sleeve / body length.
I've seen tall and skinny guys that look good in Schott jackets, but I lift too much to fit in one and I'm too short.
I do some lifting myself but I don't have any problems with their modern 613 pattern. Except for the hem which is slightly wide on me but that's not a Schott problem, that's me being out of proportion. I need a size 42 or sometimes even 44 for my chest but for the hem I could wear a 38 or 40. Which is also the reason why a jacket like the Mulholland doesn't work for me.

Here's a 613 one star

IMG_1035.jpeg
IMG_1036.jpeg
IMG_1037.jpeg
DC1E829D-FB2E-42A2-8645-4CA129479399.jpeg

That said, even if it had fit, the price, leather, and construction quality would keep me away.

Poor stitching quality especially.

I've owned half a dozen new Perfecto's and I really can't say they had bad construction quality. Not at all. They don't have high stitch count but that doesn't equal bad construction quality.

Here's a horsehide 618 and a horsehide 613, perfectly neat stitching.

IMG_1049.jpeg
IMG_1051.jpeg

IMG_6587.jpeg
IMG_4051.jpeg
IMG_4049.jpeg

I bought the above brown / burgundy 613SJH a couple of months ago. Absolutely nothing wrong with its construction quality. Of course it's not 'Field Leathers perfect' but that's not what Schott is about.

Did I somehow manage to only buy good ones?

dudewuttheheck

I'll Lock Up
I agree, those jackets do not look good on you. Mainly because of sleeve / body length.

I do some lifting myself but I don't have any problems with their modern 613 pattern. Except for the hem which is slightly wide on me but that's not a Schott problem, that's me being out of proportion. I need a size 42 or sometimes even 44 for my chest but for the hem I could wear a 38 or 40. Which is also the reason why a jacket like the Mulholland doesn't work for me.

Here's a 613 one star

View attachment 537757 View attachment 537758 View attachment 537759 View attachment 537760

I've owned half a dozen new Perfecto's and I really can't say they had bad construction quality. Not at all. They don't have high stitch count but that doesn't equal bad construction quality.

View attachment 537761 View attachment 537762

View attachment 537763 View attachment 537764 View attachment 537765

I bought the above brown / burgundy 613SJH a couple of months ago. Absolutely nothing wrong with its construction quality. Of course it's not 'Field Leathers perfect' but that's not what Schott is about.

I always find issues with construction on Schotts I handle. It's not just low stitch count. I know the difference.

My proportions are even more extreme than yours if I remember correctly. And I'm not even the most extreme.

Like I said, I've seen Schott jackets fit tall, skinny people well, but that's it.

Personally, I don't think you're out of proportion at all. The actual problem is brands thinking that everyone is overweight and has little to no drop from chest to waist. This is of course far from only a Schott issue. This is also why I can no longer wear a Mulholland. They used to fit me when I was unhealthy, but now they look ridiculous on me as that 613 looks bad on you thanks to the hem.

I've got photos of poor Schott qc on my phone from when I went to the LA store, but this thread isn't about me not liking Schott and you defending them. I just haven't had great experiences. I'll keep trying though.

Last edited:

newtojackets

Practically Family

Here's a 613 one star

View attachment 537757 View attachment 537758 View attachment 537759 View attachment 537760

View attachment 537761 View attachment 537762

View attachment 537763 View attachment 537764 View attachment 537765

I love that 613SJH

I always find issues with construction on Schotts I handle. It's not just low stitch count. I know the difference.

My proportions are even more extreme than yours if I remember correctly. And I'm not even the most extreme.

Like I said, I've seen Schott jackets fit tall, skinny people well, but that's it.

Personally, I don't think you're out of proportion at all. The actual problem is brands thinking that everyone is overweight and has little to no drop from chest to waist. This is of course far from only a Schott issue. This is also why I can no longer wear a Mulholland. They used to fit me when I was unhealthy, but now they look ridiculous on me as that 613 looks bad on you thanks to the hem.

I've got photos of poor Schott qc on my phone from when I went to the LA store, but this thread isn't about me not liking Schott and you defending them. I just haven't had great experiences. I'll keep trying though.

Jake, the jacket looks great except that it just doesn't fit you in the sleeves but to be fair, a lot of things don't, something you often comment upon yourself. If it did, you'd look great in it. Honestly, the in the body, it does a lot more for you than many jackets I've seen you wear.

I can't care less about stitching, details, etc. anymore and just look at how a person looks in a jacket and you look good in this one.

AHP91

Practically Family

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DavidZL