Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Finds and Deals - Leather Jacket Edition

ragtime_joe

One of the Regulars
Daniel Boone $350

https://poshmark.com/listing/Genuin...-SM-vintage-1940s70s-6445bb8e1741be0d8744d0f0

m_wp_6445bbd3678c3a652e60b6b7.webp

cbez

One Too Many
Ignore this, nothing to see here. Move along now. I asked the seller for a bin. Just like Phil Collins, I got no reply at all. This is my jacket, but in a size I can wear.
View attachment 537026
I might go to war for it. Not sure yet. I am also inclined to believe this is a 44" based on the measurements. Mine had the 42" tag and measured smaller.

Love this plush looking hide. I'll admit, some of the beef jerky chewed-on-by-Spot-under-the-dinner-table looking jackets yall drool over do not do it for me at all.

Will Zach

I'll Lock Up

jeo

One Too Many
This Schott is such a killa, that it is almost worth what they ask for it. @dudewuttheheck .

When it’s on EBay and from Japan, 99% of the time you can find it cheaper direct from Japan. Even if you get hit with import fees it almost always comes out to be cheaper.

dudewuttheheck

I'll Lock Up
That Schott is really gorgeous, but even 1k is a lot for a Schott IMO. I went to their store in New York this summer and their MiUSA stuff still disappoints me

dudewuttheheck

I'll Lock Up
In what way?
Both construction quality and pattern. Poor stitching quality especially. The patterns still are too long and too skinny in the chest. They look atrocious on me especially. I know a lot of people like Schott so I don't want to be too rude, but I could never see myself paying money for a modern Schott jacket. My used Vanson has awful construction issues, but I acknowledge that and it was very cheap, plus it has a far better pattern than the Schotts do for my body.

I even tried the 'vintage fit' Schott perfect in the store and it still fit horribly on me...

Most of their modern jackets fall into the trap of being long and skinny tubes in the body. They're better than a lot of Japanese brand patterns, but they don't work for me. They still feel like modern fashion cuts.

I've seen tall and skinny guys that look good in Schott jackets, but I lift too much to fit in one and I'm too short.

image000000(214).jpg

This one was so small that I could not zip it up at the chest and could barely move, yet the body and especially the sleeves were already too long.

image000000(216).jpg

This is the "classic fit" model and it could be zipped up, but I felt like a sausage and it's still too long in the sleeves and longer than I'd like in the body.

I do think this second jacket is actually a decent pattern. It just doesn't work for me. That said, even if it had fit, the price, leather, and construction quality would keep me away.

Not saying Schott is all bad, but they certainly are not for me.

Blackadder

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Both construction quality and pattern. Poor stitching quality especially. The patterns still are too long and too skinny in the chest. They look atrocious on me especially. I know a lot of people like Schott so I don't want to be too rude, but I could never see myself paying money for a modern Schott jacket. My used Vanson has awful construction issues, but I acknowledge that and it was very cheap, plus it has a far better pattern than the Schotts do for my body.

I even tried the 'vintage fit' Schott perfect in the store and it still fit horribly on me...

Most of their modern jackets fall into the trap of being long and skinny tubes in the body. They're better than a lot of Japanese brand patterns, but they don't work for me. They still feel like modern fashion cuts.

I've seen tall and skinny guys that look good in Schott jackets, but I lift too much to fit in one and I'm too short.

View attachment 537683
This one was so small that I could not zip it up at the chest and could barely move, yet the body and especially the sleeves were already too long.

View attachment 537684
This is the "classic fit" model and it could be zipped up, but I felt like a sausage and it's still too long in the sleeves and longer than I'd like in the body.

I do think this second jacket is actually a decent pattern. It just doesn't work for me. That said, even if it had fit, the price, leather, and construction quality would keep me away.

Not saying Schott is all bad, but they certainly are not for me.
The 613US also does not work for me. For me, it is the waist. I have a size 36 1928H that was a right tight fit for me but I was barely able to zip a size 38 613US (or the limited Rosie I can't remember which). It reminds me of the Levi's 70505 old pattern, the extra long sleeves and tiny waist. A pattern that some people like me has to wear a certain way like for example the 70505- roll the sleeves and leave the bottom one undone and only do up the 3rd and 4th buttons. Then I tried a size 36 641 and it looks huge. A fd who is thinner and shorter than me looks quite alright in his size 36 613 Rosie though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DavidZL