Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Finds and Deals - Leather Jacket Edition

Will Zach

I'll Lock Up
Size 34"? Unwearable by 90% of the population over the age of 12...winning bidder has less than 100 transactions on ebay...$1,600? Imagine if that fell in the 40"-46" range, probably would've been double that. Something fishy about the cuffs. Maybe the auction too...
Could be going to Japan.

AHP91

One Too Many
Could be going to Japan.

This is probably it. This was an absolute beauty. Shame about the zipper. I could see this going right overseas.

Edit - although the feedback on the seller seemed quite spotty. I'd have been asking tons of questions and pictures before I went all in.

Will Zach

I'll Lock Up
I would think something like this would actually be more attainable there already tbh.
For 5 grand. Therefore, $1600 makes sense to me if going to Japan. I could be wrong, but the tiny size points to Japan. Who else would pay such money for a 34? (Jeo excluded...)

For 5 grand. Therefore, $1600 makes sense to me if going to Japan. I could be wrong, but the tiny size points to Japan. Who else would pay such money for a 34? (Jeo excluded...)
That could be. I don't know how the native market in Japan works. I see them asking double/triple market value for used Vanson/Aero on US ebay but my thought is that is the product of suckering people who falsely believe there's something special about anything coming from Japan. Like the Vanson or Aero sold from there is somehow not exactly the same as what can be bought domestically. Is the vintage market bearing out that same price structure or will this jacket be given a coat of Urad and flipped right back to ebay (or sold locally) for $5K?

Back up for auction. Stunned the $1600 winning bid didn’t stick. LOL:p
IMG_2345.jpeg

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1347599815...r_AYQu0TLS&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

AHP91

One Too Many
Ebay auctions are the worst. I had sent a complaint to ebay (knowing it wouldn't go anywhere) and on here about how it's ridiculous how easy it is for a winning bidder to back out of a sale. Explained how this opens the door for massive collusion and other shady practices.

Now when something goes to auction, I basically write it off that something weird is going to happen, and I usually won't bid on it.

There’s something very wrong with that jacket. But somehow people don’t see it. Which frankly surprises me. I’m not the least bit surprised to see it back up for sale.

Generally I agree about auctions. They suck on both sides. As a seller waiting for buyers to pay, and as a a buyer, wondering how many shill bids are driving the price to meet the sellers “get rich slow” plan.
Ebay auctions are the worst. I had sent a complaint to ebay (knowing it wouldn't go anywhere) and on here about how it's ridiculous how easy it is for a winning bidder to back out of a sale. Explained how this opens the door for massive collusion and other shady practices.

Now when something goes to auction, I basically write it off that something weird is going to happen, and I usually won't bid on it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
girlmom